Oil Changes

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.
Default Re: Oil Changes

Besides the coolant, be sure to regularly check the air pressure in the tires. CVT fluid would be my next guess (I have a MT).

Old 06-09-2005, 03:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benb
my dealer is nearly 40 miles from where I work. . . I really do feel like I'm being ripped off . . . they don't seem to know the difference between the Hybrid and a normal Civic. . . told me I was stupid
These are all good reasons to FIND A NEW DEALER, or someone who can handle the work in a more professional manner.

I personally will follow the severe schedule, even though it will cost money in the long run, I will sleep better at night.

Old 06-14-2005, 07:33 PM
jmg14213

I use my vehicle for work, so I combine a lot of stop and go with a lot of highway. As far as I'm concerned, the engine oil is a lot cheaper than the engine, so I change oil every 5000, give or take. And I always change the filter at each oil change.

I'm shooting for air filter and CVT fluid at 20K intervals. I'm coming due on the second set of these. I went with 20K on the filter because it still looks good at 15K, and the CVT recommendation of 30K for "extreme" seemed a little late. I let the dealer do the CVT the first time, as the Z1 fluid is hard to find outside the dealer. Plus, it was just before my hernia surgery, in the middle of winter, and I hadn't bought the manuals yet. Now that I can crawl around again, and know where the fill plug is (what a *****), I'll probably do it myself if the weather is nice. Would be nice to find that Z1 fluid somewhere other than the dealer though.

Matt