Possible Spy Shot of 2006 Civic Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Possible Spy Shot of 2006 Civic Sedan

I really cannot imagine Toyota having less than a three year dev cycle for the Prius, so the next earliest possible substantial revision would be the 2007 model -- and more likely, 2008.

It it turns out to be a GO-PHEV, I'm getting in line early :-)

Old 04-25-2005, 07:09 PM

eww, the a-pillar and c-pillar blind spots are going to be horendous...thumbs down honda. Looks kinda nice though...but it just doesnt say civic to me.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Green Team Republican

I'm not sure why, but of all manufacturers, I'm surprised SAAB hasn't taken more lead and initiative in developing and pioneering Hybrid business.

Sweden has invested in and undertaken significant Battery R&D work for military and civilian purposes over past 10 years.

You would especially think enviro-extremist Sweden too, would be leading the way with some 21st century, cool looking Hybrid SAA(H)Bs

Personally though, I'm impressed with that supposed civic design..

Old 04-25-2005, 07:31 PM

Funny you should mention SAAB .. a prototype hybrid from them hit the news about a month ago. A thread with a picture is at
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...brid-saab.html

So that puts them .. what, three years away from production in an optimistic scenario ? I'm afraid that is as good as it gets from GM and it's extended family.

Old 04-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Enthusiast

While it is nice to see a new Civic design in the States, I would prefer to see the Honda Hatchback that is sold in Japan/Australia/etc. I believe it is called the Fit/Jazz? I sat in one when I was in the Bahamas this March.

Nice design. Good gas mileage. They can come with manual, CVT, or manual shift CVT transmissions. Honda could work on it to make it a ULEV instead of a LEV. I have never understood the lack of interest in hatchbacks in the States.

I am still in the market for a fuel efficient car after I sold my HCH last November. Yes, it was getting about 49mpg average, but I really had to nurse it to reach those numbers. It was driving me nuts! The Civic HX looks like a nice option...within 90%+ of the HCH without all the bells and whistles. We may hold out another year or two to see what Honda decides to provide the U.S.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Regarding the hatchback option: Honda sells the Civic Si hatchback here in the US -- I had one before I bought my HCH. Gas mileage was around 25mpg for my city commute, versus the 45mpg I get now.

Regarding the Civic HX: This may be a good option for you. However, the MPG you receive may not be as close to your 49mpg from the HCH, even if you nurse it. The one Civic HX owner on this forum gets about 46mpg (close to the 90+% you mention), but uses what many of would consider 'extreme' measures to achieve this. On another forum, there is an HX owner who is very knowledgable and works hard on his fuel economy, and can get 47mpg, but on the highway, and with a lot of work on his part.

I'm not saying the HX is not right for you; I'm just advising gathering enough data, so that you don't find yourself having to 'nurse' the HX like you do the HCH, in order to achieve the MPG numbers you desire.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

i actually want to bring up the honda civic gx - natural gas vehicle

honda actually leases natural gas adaptors so that you can "gas" up your honda civic gx in your garage from your natural gas line - and the overall cost is less than that of standard 87 gasoline

honda civic gx official site

home refueling information

listed mpg is 30/34 BUT keep in mind that this is miles per gallon of natural gas, not gasoline and natural gas is cheaper than gasoline