Pre buyers remorse! Buying 2005HCH tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Pre buyers remorse! Buying 2005HCH tomorrow

Did you get a Carfax report on this car? I'm a little concerned about the remark you made about the rear door being hard to close. Just make sure the car has not been in a major wreck or has a salvage title. If it has a clear Carfax then you have gotten a good deal!

Old 03-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Pre buyers remorse! Buying 2005HCH tomorrow

Allison,
I agree with Sprocket. Check out the paint carefully especially around that rear door, and most especially where the paint meets the window-sill. Often, on a re-paint, you'll find evidence of it there. If you find evidence of a re-paint, it's not necessarily a dealbreaker, but very useful in trying to find out WHY it was repainted if now you KNOW it was repainted. Also, knocks more off the price - or else walk away. Someone else may very well buy it from them for more money, but let 'em. The car could require more attention and be more problematical than you bargained for. If it's got serious issues, get it real cheap or not at all.