Rear speaker removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 02:53 PM

kangeroo82,
Yeah the pgs I have are expensive. I only mentioned my speaker types because I needed spacers for them. I think 90% of speakers in the front doors will need spacers. Tthere are many more speakers out there that are cheaper and very good but make sure you are aware if they will need those spacers. I might suggest the I.C.E. & Electrical forum on 7thgencivics board for some research. http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Some people have put the tweeter in a stock EX sail panel (the piece inside where there side mirrors are) made to have tweeters so it still looks stock and if you need to revert back its just a matter of poping off the sail panel and replacing it with your original. Its a very cheap part. Thats one of the great benifits of having a hybrid based on an existing production line. Lots of parts are interchangeble.

Definitely spend some time researching speakers and stuff before you buy.

Last edited by tbaleno; 03-27-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Rear speaker removal

I am trying to remove my rear speakers and am having a heck of a time.

I would appreciate it if anyone could send me those instructions.

Thanks

Old 09-09-2005, 11:49 AM

Look in the ice forum at http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums and search there. Someone has written a diy.

Basicly you have to remove the c pillars. I don't recall if have to remove the rear seatback or not. And you also have to remove the rear deck (which is a pain to put back on without someone in the trunk telling you how to position it to line up all the clips.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks T, I read that and it seems that its for a non-hybrid since he mentions folding down the seat.

I think I may put this project off for another day.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jahwerx
You are taking the back of the car apart. . . but its easy. Just be careful of the defroster mounts.
I installed component Infinity reference speakers in the front (door for the mids and sails for the tweets) and rear (OEM mount for the mids and deck for the tweets). + sub, x-overs, amp, etc. I still am waiting on upgrading the head unit until there is a good iPod integration solution (I'm not a fan of Alpine's current offering)

Since you'll be powering the speakers with the stock head unit, I highly recommend efficient speakers (The Inifinities happen to be pretty darn efficient and are relatively inexpensive: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0vPt7eT...10&I=1085000CS ) If you purchase from Crutchfield, you'll get comprehensive install instructions. If not . . I can scan mine in and send them to you - let me know.
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to replace my rear speaks on my 05 HVH also along with the rear dash due to sun damage. Does any have a copy of the removal instructions?