Supercharging a Civic Hyrid??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Supercharging a Civic Hyrid??

Hi all,

Hope all doin' good?
Now, As for a 110 HP Civic 1.3L Hybrid ( 07 )... My brother purchased one about 4 days ago, and it really got my interest. So, as an Accord 2.4L Turbo-supercharged owner... a car being supercharged or turbo-supercharged is a cool idea... so, can you actually supercharge a Civic Hybrid ( -.- ) or turbo-supercharge it? .. I surfed the net and found nothing about that.

As for another thing, my stupid brother purchased the car, and didn't get the radio code, went back to the d/s and they ask for 100$ to give it back.
I found this link: https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Now, I put in the VIN, then it asks for a ZIP and the Phone # ( pre-owner zip and phone # ) << and we can't really get to it, ( can't get to any info about the pre-owner ) ... so, I have the serial number which is 24004463 and the VIN.. is there a way to get the radio code??

What can be installed to upgrade a 1.3L Civic Hybrid??

Thanks in Advance.
Best Regards...

Last edited by Jey-B; 04-02-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Supercharging a Civic Hyrid??

I thought the radio code was hidden in the glove compartment. Maybe behind the glove box? If you drop down the box, and squeeze the sides inward, the two rubber stops that keep the box from opening and dumping the contents on the floor will release. This is also how to replace the cabin air filter. Just be sure to empty the glove box first.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Enthusiast

ohh well, I checked the glove box and found nothing. But Behind it :| .. didn't think of that. I'll give it a try.

Thanks, CrimsonCivic

Old 04-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Your HCH is basically supercharged already, but electrically? But I guess you want some more? I suppose there is enough room under the hood, but it would be tight!
Cheers;

H

Old 04-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Honda typically supplies the radio code as a peel-off sticker and an embossed plastic card.

It's up to the dealership and/or the owner to ensure that sticker is applied somewhere, the card is stored safely, and copies of the code are kept. Our dealer handed the sticker and card over to us. I eventually stuck the sticker in the glove box interior, stapled the card to the inside front cover of the log book, wrote the code in the owners manual, plus typed it into a text format log file.

But, I suspect I'm not typical, LOL: I think the typical owner will lose both the card and the sticker. Even if they do retain them, they'll probably forget/neglect to pass them on to subseqent owners.

Honda made a poor decision implementing this concept, and the sooner they abandon it the better. The vast majority of problems involve losing the effing code, not the radio. It's not effective, it's just ticking off owners, causing a lot of hassle and expense.

Supercharged Civic hybrid? Well, I'll keep checking on this thread: just like watching a car wreck, hard to turn away, fascinating

Last edited by Mendel Leisk; 04-03-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Think green.

Originally Posted by Mendel Leisk
Supercharged Civic hybrid? Well, I'll keep checking on this thread: just like watching a car wreck, hard to turn away, fascinating
Yeah, it reminds me of when I was a kid and we used to attach baseball cards to the spokes of our bicycles with clothespins to make them sound like they had motors.

Anyway, I think the radio code can be found if you sign up to the Honda ownerlink website. I think you need the car's VIN number.

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login....=1&brand=Honda

Old 04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

well... we're done with the radio code... it's gone, and that's better. No need for codes, sheeesh !! < I like the idea > !!

Now, as for supercharging it... I still have no idea, it's just somehow seems to be no use. CVT will always limit the cars performance enhancement.. but anyways, we're givin' it a try tmw... !!

P.S: we're using a used supercharger ( as for a try ) ... it gives about 40 HP... but as we all know, a supercharger sorta reduces car's HP so, it's about 20 HP ++ we might earn... that should be noticeable...

Any ideas would be taken seriously, hope some of you out there has a solution ?!?!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
Yeah, it reminds me of when I was a kid and we used to attach baseball cards to the spokes of our bicycles with clothespins to make them sound like they had motors.
Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Enthusiast

I think the largest hurdle you'll have is the valve engineering for Civic Hybrids. During coasting or regen the latest gen of HCH holds all the valves closed to eliminate pumping losses behind the throttle blade. A forced induction system needs bypass valves just to deal with the nearly closed throttle of typical engines at idle and light cruising. The HCH makes it even more difficult with zero airflow during multiple phases of the driving cycle.
It's not impossible and I'd love to see it done. Unfortunately, there is no support for ECU programming, CVT strengthening, or any other performance products you'd get on a car like the Civic SI.