There HAS to be a fix for this....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default There HAS to be a fix for this....

The door locks !!!! When they unlock automatically when you're INSIDE THE CAR, they only unlock the drivers door !!!! I can understand not unlocking them ALL, but at least the passenger side !!!! It irritates me more than anything that either the passenger or I have to push the unlock button for the passenger's door to unlock. Thats just silly....there has to be a fix or something you can do to change this, right ????

Last edited by mexiken; 03-27-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: There HAS to be a fix for this....

I cant make the AutoLock working... dunno, I'm stupid or the directions in the manual are bad. I succeded to make the Unlock in P working...When they Unlock in P, they Unlock All doors.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:03 AM

I have it unlock in P too, but not all doors....its weird....

Old 03-27-2006, 01:06 AM

I just read the manual, and it SPECIFICALLY says that it unlocks ONLY the driver's door, not the passengers....I hate it....I'm going to complain to Honda....

Old 03-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Enthusiast

As far as I can tell the programming you can do for the doors auto unlocking feature only allows the driver's door to auto unlock. I came to the conclusion that Honda did this because it is considered a commuter car, and typically most people commute to work by themselves. It doesn't make much sense to me and drives my wife nuts when we go anywhere in the car. Definitely like the fact they auto lock, but REALLY wish you could program them to all auto unlock as well.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Press the unlock button twice. rtfm. haha

The reason for only one door unlocking has to do with safety. Imagine you are walking to your car and it's dark. You unlock your car and all the door unlock. You get in and without you noticing, somebody opens up the passenger side door and gets in. You are screwed. So all cars that unlock remotely, now only unlock one door... that's it. That way, if say would be perp tries to get in, you have a chance.

Last edited by livvie; 03-27-2006 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:09 AM

I'm pretty sure you can program it to unlock all four doors.

I'll read my manual again when I get off work.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:39 AM

livvie,

RTFP....We're talking about the auto unlock feature when you're IN THE CAR and you put the car in park or you turn it off. This has NOTHING to do with the remote key feature that you are describing. I'm sure we're all fully aware of why the remote only unlocks the drivers door.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:48 AM

ok... that's lame. must be new for 2006. my mini has it so that you just open the door handle twice. once unlocks.. the next opens. So both passenger and driver can get out without having to hit some button.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Uhm....

Originally Posted by mexiken
The door locks !!!! When they unlock automatically, they only unlock the drivers door !!!! I can understand not unlocking them ALL, but at least the passenger side !!!! It irritates me more than anything that either the passenger or I have to push the unlock button for the passenger's door to unlock. Thats just silly....there has to be a fix or something you can do to change this, right ????
Try pressing the unlock button twice...

Quick Reply: There HAS to be a fix for this....

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands