what am i doing wrong - mpg isn't so hot!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 04:31 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: what am i doing wrong - mpg isn't so hot!

Since no one has mentioned it. Make sure you aren't accidentaly driving it while it is in "S" when it should be in "D". I've done it driving around town before quite a few times and didn't notice it because I never really got up to speed.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

thanks so much for the info. i am still learning what my '06 hybrid wants - my previous honda was a 1991 =)

appreciate everyone's input. this has been much more informative than mt dealer was.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gwgisel
I would second the suggestions to accelerate slowly and try to maximize your glide into stop signs / lights (just remember to look in the rear-view mirror so that you don't drive the person behind you to do something anti-social...).
i've found that a quick burst of acceleration that takes the electric motor to full when initially accelerating and then dropping down to 3-4 bars until speed is reached yields the best results for me. this may be because you're getting the benefit of the electric motor's torque during low speed when the i.c.e. is least efficient. just my observations.