Will I have enough gas to get home?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Will I have enough gas to get home?

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Peggy ; Not only have I traded it in but I have (Believe-It-Or-Not) forgot how many have been traded in after the HCH went "Bye-Bye". I just traded in a Volvo S60r Sedan 6-speed with many mods and I am driving a now month old Honda Civic EX SE Sedan w/auto trans. Looking at several Hybrids for I think the next vehicle purchase mainly because (Sadly) I'm really getting an attitude about the never ending gas prices. Up-Up-Up-Up and I don't really think that the oil companies are done yet, Just on hold again until the dust settles and then hear we go again Up. So, maybe a Hybrid this next time if I find one I can live with.

Peggy, have a nice rest of the evening and nice chatting with you.

Terry
yeah i bought mine last year when the gas prices were beginning to go up and never regretted it.. i got a taste of driving a normal car again a couple weeks ago when i won the use of 2005 Dodge Magnum RT for a week from my local speedway. Loved the car, awesome power, could outrun most anything but I only put 240 miles on it and the thing took 13 gallons of gas. So I took the car back to speedway and thanked them for letting use it but told them it wasn't the ride for me.

Old 05-26-2005, 06:09 PM
G.H. Contributor
Smile Re: Will I have enough gas to get home?

Originally Posted by peggy
yeah i bought mine last year when the gas prices were beginning to go up and never regretted it.. i got a taste of driving a normal car again a couple weeks ago when i won the use of 2005 Dodge Magnum RT for a week from my local speedway. Loved the car, awesome power, could outrun most anything but I only put 240 miles on it and the thing took 13 gallons of gas. So I took the car back to speedway and thanked them for letting use it but told them it wasn't the ride for me.
I have one comment (peggy) Amen

I'm over this gas gouching

Later,

Terry

Old 05-27-2005, 05:11 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

I have gone 35 miles with NO bars showing.

I always assume that the display is about 5 percent ambitious. So, when I did my 732 mile tank, the display showed 59.8. I figured that I'd have about 13.2*59.8*.95=750 miles. Knowing that the gas station I intended to fill up on was on a long downhill didn't hurt either.

It took 12.5 gallons. I have gone as high as 12.903 gallons.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had 522 on the tripometer and put 11.73 gallons in this morning.. Next tank should be better since I put more air in my tires half way through this last tank. Can't complain though. Most of my friends would just grudgingly tell me to shut my pie hole if I did! LOL... I had about 1.5 gallons left..

Old 05-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

my friends would just grudgingly tell me to shut my pie hole
I get this ALL THE TIME especially at work.

In fact, Ive created this 4x7 inch card and posted it on all the company public billboards:

WANNA SAVE GAS?
50 TO +100 MPG CARS ARE HERE TODAY.
FROM SUV’S TO PERFORMANCE CARS TO TINY COUPS.
VISIT GREENHYBRID.COM FOR DETAILS.

SAY NO! TO OPEC!

I've noticed some of the cards get removed, but then mysteriously re-appear a few days later. Guess they're checking it out.
At least they're putting them back!

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 05-27-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:53 PM

I wish I had the nerve. There is this First gen prius at work that I keep thinking I should put a card under the wiper blade.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

There's actually a large community of hybrids at my company. Every hybrid out so far is represented. We're still a minority but we're catching up!

Old 05-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
WANNA SAVE GAS?
50 TO +100 MPG CARS ARE HERE TODAY.
FROM SUV’S TO PERFORMANCE CARS TO TINY COUPS.
VISIT GREENHYBRID.COM FOR DETAILS.

SAY NO! TO OPEC!
Haha, thanks. You know, there's some "official" GreenHybrid handouts at https://www.greenhybrid.com/promote/