WTF - 0w20 Oil at $5.00 Quart!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: WTF - 0w20 Oil at $5.00 Quart!!!

Honda 0W-20 is not the same as Mobil 1 0W-20... one isn't a pure synthetic oil... while the other is... hint... the one that says synthetic on the label is the one you want.

and in case you still don't get it... here is the link:

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/Mo...l_1_0W-20.aspx

Old 05-24-2006, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by livvie
Honda 0W-20 is not the same as Mobil 1 0W-20... one isn't a pure synthetic oil... while the other is... hint... the one that says synthetic on the label is the one you want.

and in case you still don't get it... here is the link:

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/Mo...l_1_0W-20.aspx
I have no doubt that the Mobil 1 0W-20 is a fully synthetic oil. How do you know that the Honda oil is not a fully synthetic oil? You provided a link showing that the Mobil 1 0W-20 is synthetic. Where is the link showing that the Honda oil is not synthetic? I am not saying that the Honda oil is synthetic, I am just saying that as a professionally trained skeptic, I want you to back up what you say.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think anyone has insinuated that the Honda oil is synthetic. The comparison to Synthetic has been made since the price is equal to what you would pay for a pure synthetic, like Mobile One.

I actually did ask the dealer however, once he told me the price. It's not.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

I do oil changes myself with Mobil One. Glad Walmart has 0-20W again as I was running out of Mobile One....

Old 05-26-2006, 06:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Neil, I agree with you but I don't have the ability to change oil at my house sadly. If I did I'd love to do it myself (I like working on cars, but I suck at it typically). I use oil change coupons so it rarely costs me over $25. And I just watch them like a hawk to make sure it's done right every time. They don't like that part

Old 05-26-2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Kite
I have no doubt that the Mobil 1 0W-20 is a fully synthetic oil. How do you know that the Honda oil is not a fully synthetic oil? You provided a link showing that the Mobil 1 0W-20 is synthetic. Where is the link showing that the Honda oil is not synthetic? I am not saying that the Honda oil is synthetic, I am just saying that as a professionally trained skeptic, I want you to back up what you say.
I don't really care if you believe me or not, try doing a search and you will see that I'm right.

I suggest you contact Honda directly and ask them, you will find that it's not Mobil 1 0W-20 syn.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Proud owner HCHII

I believe that Honda use a semi-synthetic which they buy in bulk and use in most of their cars?

Old 05-26-2006, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by livvie
I don't really care if you believe me or not, try doing a search and you will see that I'm right.

I suggest you contact Honda directly and ask them, you will find that it's not Mobil 1 0W-20 syn.
You are missing the point. If you are going to pass something off as fact, you should at least inform us as to how you came across this information. You made a point to back up your fact about the Mobil 1 with a link. All I was asking was for you to tell how you knew the Honda was not synthetic. I guess you think that people should believe everything you say. If that's the way it works, you should start a religion.

BTW, I did internet searches and could not find the answer about Honda being fully synthetic or not. Posts in forums have gone both ways. If I see your post that says Honda oil is not fully synthetic and another post that says "Honda 0W-20 is made by Mobil and is fully synthetic", obviously one of the posts has to be wrong. However, there is nothing from the posts themselves to tell me which one is right.

Anyway, I did call the service dept. at a local dealer and was told that it was not synthetic.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Enthusiast

For those who use Mobil 1 syn oil, how often do you change your oil?

Old 05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tulip
I believe that Honda use a semi-synthetic which they buy in bulk and use in most of their cars?
I remember reading this somewhere on another site also.

Quick Reply: WTF - 0w20 Oil at $5.00 Quart!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands