Insight sighting

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Today on my commute I spotted a dark blue Insight, it's the first one I've seen since last spring.

It reminded me as I saw it that it looks cool, personally I really like the futuristic style which sets it apart.

Sort of made me wish I had one instead of the HCH, apart from needing a 5 passenger car. Who knows, in 10 or so years the kids will likely have flown the nest and I'll be in the market for a 2-seater.
I wonder if the style might be a trend setter for future autos?

Old 11-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Site Founder

I saw a blue one at Washington University in St. Louis and a [silver?] one when eating out one night here. I wrote on a napkin and stuck a note under the winshield wipers of both an Insight and Prius that night... haven't seen either of them come, though, haha.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:06 PM

Actually, other than the little red rocket, and a few on car lots. The only color Insight i've seen is dark blue (twice in atlanta...steve, same one? and once in north carolina)
Cheers,
Steven

Old 12-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Default Re: Insight sighting

Approximately 1100 today, travelling down 101 in the West Valley of Phoenix. Green Insight. First one I've seen around these parts. First one in green that I've personally seen. Anyone on this forum?

Old 12-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

I see almost every color (Silver, Red, Blue, and Citrus) regularly around here. Our rural/suburban town of about 10,000 is home to at least 3 Insights, besides our 2. Surprising because we're in a predominantly SUV driving area. In the greater area, you can go days without seeing one, or see as many as ten in a day and in all 4 colors. Most common is the New Formula Red, and least seen are Blue and Citrus. When you see them everyday, they stand out less and seem less futuristic.

Old 12-19-2005, 08:10 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

There's one other Citrus around here. Have yet to see a blue. A few red and a few silver. I don't see them around much though.

Old 12-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
Today on my commute I spotted a dark blue Insight, it's the first one I've seen since last spring.

It reminded me as I saw it that it looks cool, personally I really like the futuristic style which sets it apart.

Sort of made me wish I had one instead of the HCH, apart from needing a 5 passenger car. Who knows, in 10 or so years the kids will likely have flown the nest and I'll be in the market for a 2-seater.
I wonder if the style might be a trend setter for future autos?
I would have liked to buy (or at least try) an Insight. They just aren't available in San Diego, according to the several dealers with whom I talked. The HCH-06 is fine, but I'd love to have 10-15 more miles per gallon! I don't need the extra seats.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:23 AM

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Dlingner:
___Just 10 – 15 more mpg’s? You really do have to drive one sometime with an experienced passenger. An Insight 5-speed will SHOCK you

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
Yes, that would be nice. According to San Diego Honda dealers, Insights are available via special order only. They don't even have a model to test drive.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:39 AM

Buy one from a Phoenix dealer! Fly out here via Southwest for $29(?). I'll even pick you up from the airport and drive you to the dealership. Heck, I'd even put you up for the night, if you needed!

Quick Reply: Insight sighting

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands