A minor problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default A minor problem...

I have two minor issues and they both involve Q/A. (Quality Assurance)

I took my Insight into an upscale car wash on Monday, I left the wash with the roof rubber blown off due to the drying appliance they use to quick dry the car prior to wiping it down.

They of course put it back in place and I didn't think it was their fault, so I called Honda to check it out and replace when I bring it in for service.

The second issue I also noticed when at the car wash was the condition of the OEM rubber mats I have in the car. There was a hole forming where my heel hits the floor. Now, I have never had this happen with my el-cheapo mats that I had purchased from Target 5 years ago and transfered from car to car.

Needless to say, I will find out if the dealer will replace both issues without giving me some song and dance.

So why do I believe these are warranty issues?

Roof Rubber - I have never had these things come off on any of my cars. Also the Driver side Rubber did not come off, so the force of the air wasn't a major factor in the rubber coming off the car.

Driver Side Floor Mat - This is suppose to be their tuff-guard mats, it shouldn't wear-through in a matter of 4 months...