Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

climatist

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up climatist

I've been an Insight owner since 8-2004, 64k mi so far. My average mileage the last 10k mi or so is 72.7mpg. I have a manual with A/C. I just pumped up my tire pressure to 44 lbs. and put in a radiator block in an attempt to boost my mileage back up, as it drops every winter. Lately we've been using it for shorter trips, so the average tankful is down to about 62 mpg. I drive it very carefully, so in the summer on long trips I usually get at least 80 mpg.
I love this car more than any other. In fact, after buying it, and getting only 64 mpg average, I decided to drive purely for mileage, and it improved 10% and I enjoy driving much more now that I'm not trying to get there first like everyone else.
I just bought, but haven't received, a 93 Dodge Tevan, all electric Caravan, with 6k mi and ni-cad batteries. I also got an Oxygen scooter with nickel-zinc batteries that goes 30, and I love for short trips.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Welcome to the board !!

Originally Posted by climatist
I've been an Insight owner since 8-2004, 64k mi so far. I just bought, but haven't received, a 93 Dodge Tevan, all electric Caravan, with 6k mi and ni-cad batteries. I also got an Oxygen scooter with nickel-zinc batteries that goes 30, and I love for short trips.
Welcome to the Board !!

You have put 64,000 miles on your Insight in 5 months? Or did you buy it used?

And where do you live that gives you access to an all electric Caravan? I did not even know such a vehicle existed....?

Old 01-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome. I'd love to see pictures of an electric Caravan. And an added benefit, it doesn't burn oil like the regular ones do.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Contributor ($)

Welcome to Greenhybrid,
Great job on the 72.7 mg. Impressive. It is amazing the difference that focusing on mileage can make. Congrats.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes. Welcome!

I still love hearing from fairly new hybrid owners since I am new also. Although we have had our H-Escape now for only two months and 3500 miles we still try to drive for economy since it does translate into less emissions. My wife and I trade off (As the alpha-male I must continually apologize to the superior gender for taking the car 4 days a week and my wife 3 but I drive 100 miles a day and she 20 miles a day so I do have good reason). We have a great game now after being married for 38 years and competitive the whole way. I set the standard mileage with my starting the week on a full tank and she trys to not lower the overall mileage on her in-between days.

Pleas keep posting about your experiences and questions.

Mike

Old 03-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Welcome to the board !!

Hi,
I owned the 2000 MT Insight new, though it just died (see "would you buy another" post for the story), and I got a 2006 MT also silver. The Dodge Caravan was a factory conversion with GE, that made 56 (at $100K per) for eastern utilities, half with Nicad's, the rest with Lead batteries. I found it on Ebay, but it turned out to be a restoration project, needing lots of professional hours, and an expert EE to troubleshoot and rebuild the CB and now reprogram a logic chip. I'm told it's close to running well soon.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:24 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: climatist

WELCOME! I just pulled my radiator block. Of course right after I did it we had a cold front. The last few weeks my mileage has taken a plunge due to driving a full 4 minutes to work.

I don't have an electric scooter but I do have a Go-Ped. Still needs some work, I got it C H E A P at Goodwill and it's a blast to ride.

The van sounds really cool. I'm considering getting a golf cart for getting around on my property though I'm leaning towards a nice 20 hp off-road go-cart.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands