Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

College student, hybrid fanatic from WI!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb College student, hybrid fanatic from WI!

Hey everyone.

I am college student in my third year at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, majoring in Middle School Education. I have become an enthusiast of fuel efficient and hybrid vehicles alike. I feel that my generation should be informed on the efficiency and cleanliness of hybrid vehicles, but this is prohibited with the cost of current hybrid vehicles.

Anyways, I'm here to gain more information on hybrids and to meet some like minded individuals who could maybe help me on obtaining my first hybrid in the near future.

My personal favorite hybrid is the Toyota Prius, but I also have a true love for the Jetta TDI.

Last edited by greenLIFE; 08-13-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Default Re: College student, hybrid fanatic from WI!

Welcome to greenhybrid. Make sure you check out the events and gatherings section. The milwaukee hybrid group is having a meeting next saturday 8/19/2006 near kenosha I think. I will be there as well as some others from this site. Bradlee and Justin Fons run it. Justin is probably the youngest person ever to hit 100mpgs in an insight.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to Green Hybrid.

I don't suppose you happened to attend Hybridfest?

At any rate, feel free to ask questions, and make use of our forums and site.

Old 08-14-2006, 05:04 AM
Enthusiast

Unfortunately I did not have the chance to attend Hybridfest. I just came across this site and the idea of Hybridfest, so I'm definitely looking forward to next year.
Thanks for the greetings!

Old 08-14-2006, 08:26 AM
FEH Tsaritsa

Hello greenLIFE!

Welcome to another WI member! I am also at UWM, but as an employee; I work in the library (I have the best job in the world - I get *paid* to look at books all day ).

As has already been suggested, please feel free to check out the Milwaukee Hybrid Group (you don't have to own a hybrid to be a member) on the Events forum. Our next meeting is this Saturday (8/19), at the Oak Creek Public Library, on S. Howell just north of Puetz Rd. You can check the group out online at:

http://milwaukeehybridgroup.com/

I won't be at this one, but hope to be back for the Sept. meeting, & get to meet you then.

Also over at the Events forum, make sure to include yourself in the WI Roll Call!

Last edited by DebbieKatz; 08-14-2006 at 08:30 AM.