Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hi.

Its great to feel that the actions of individuals can make a difference and having fun reducing emmisions is my kind of party. My other passion is sailing...no emmissions at all But my HyHi experience although only one week old has so far been fantastic! Great forum well done Jason.

I live in Conneticut and work in Michigan...its a long story, and a long drive... but the new car was a dream.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Hi.

Welcome!
Originally Posted by shackledog
Its great to feel that the actions of individuals can make a difference and having fun reducing emmisions is my kind of party. My other passion is sailing...no emmissions at all But my HyHi experience although only one week old has so far been fantastic! Great forum well done Jason.

I live in Conneticut and work in Michigan...its a long story, and a long drive... but the new car was a dream.
With that long commute, you have an opportunity to start an MPG vs. MPH chart for your vehicle. Just break up the drive into 2-3 hour segments and use cruise control to hold the speed steady on the interstate. I'd be interested in your results.

A couple of caveates . . . avoid running tests on windy days. Also, document the tire pressure and oil levels. Our Prius is somewhat sensitive but we don't know about your vehicle.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

Old 07-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hi.

Congrats on your purchase and good luck. Even though my decision to get a Hybrid wasn’t driven by environmental concerns, it is nice knowing it should make a difference. Stay safe while traveling all those miles.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands