Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hypermiling already !

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hypermiling already !

Hi All,

Just got an '06 civic hybrid and I'm really enjoying it.

It's my third tank and I'm over the EPA rating on my daily commute (55.7 mpg). It's been two weeks since I filled up !

I also like the change of mindset - driving for mileage rather than being in a rush, and it hasn't changed my commute time.

-xener

Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hypermiling already !

Xener,

That is truly great. I was lucky as well. Right off the bat I was hypermiling. If it wasn't for all of the wonderful people and there insights here, I would have been in the 40's for sometime.
Fortunately I had several weeks before I received my HCHII. By then I was starting to practice some of the techniques on my 2002 Civic (which I was already doing well on).

Good luck and happy hypermiling.

Mike

Old 09-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Hypermiling already !

Originally Posted by xener
Hi All,

Just got an '06 civic hybrid and I'm really enjoying it.

It's my third tank and I'm over the EPA rating on my daily commute (55.7 mpg). It's been two weeks since I filled up !

I also like the change of mindset - driving for mileage rather than being in a rush, and it hasn't changed my commute time.
That is great! I had a simular experience.

I found that changing my route didn't change my block-to-block time. I take a direct route that involves slower, traffic light controlled streets but the shorter distance compensates for the slow speeds.

Bob Wilson