Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New here, gotta love this car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default New here, gotta love this car.

Bought the 2006 Toyota Prius pack#6 in April. I truely love this car. I'm a sports car nut. So with the gas prices going up I had to change my style. I commute 117 miles a day. So had to make the change.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:09 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: New here, gotta love this car.

Welcome to the club!

We have a FAQ on efficient driving in the Prius forum area. Also, it is a good idea to start recording your fill-ups in the database.

Considering your commute distance, if you can stay out of the 39-50 mph range, either go slower or faster, you'll get great mileage. You will pretty much eliminate the warm-up overhead but it is still a good idea to keep the speeds low for the first mile or so in the morning. Do take a look at the mileage database and you'll see most of the folks with longer drive segments are getting terrific mileage.

You have a 2.5 hr. commute each way, right?

Bob Wilson

Old 05-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New here, gotta love this car.

No, my commute's an hour and sometimes just over an hour, each way. I'm 58 miles south of Washington D.C. area, I do have coworkers who live across the bridge in Maryland and they live closer to work that are driving 2-2.5 hrs just to go 28 miles. Traffic is bad here.
My commutes are shorter because I'm at work by 0600 and use the HOV at 1630.