Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New MMH owner - Long Beach, CA

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default New MMH owner - Long Beach, CA

Hi All -

Just surfing thru, looking for more info on Escape & Mariner hybrids and thought this would be a good place to park. Just picked up my 2007 MMH this afternoon - finally! I love my EB Explorer but the gas mileage is awful. I looked at a lot of nice vehicles but I didn't want to give up the features I already had and this fit my budget and needs better than any of the others. I hope I made the right decision!

Kim
(& the beasts)

Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: New MMH owner - Long Beach, CA

Welcome to GH.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:56 AM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome K9joyride,

It's rare to see an MMH, much less in the same area AND on greenhybrid.

I sure you wont regret your decision. We love ours the minute we drove home from the lot and got ~28mpg. I came fron an 03 Navigator, which was very hard to trade in -- but what fun this MMH!

We're in Tustin/Irvine, so keep an eye out for a black MMH when you're in this neck of the woods.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, everytime I'm on the freeway, I'm scouting out for either the MMH or FEH. I am really happy so far! Just took a trip from Long Beach to Yorba Linda and back with an avg MPG of over 33. I drove like a grandma, but I wanted to see what I could get! I wasn't expecting that before the "break-in" period and was pleasantly surprised.

Originally Posted by occ
We're in Tustin/Irvine, so keep an eye out for a black MMH when you're in this neck of the woods.
Will do! I've got the new "Light Sage" color (barely a HINT of green, so think a cross between silver/cream). My friends are telling me no way can I put the dogs in it! It's too beautiful! I'll soon be *soiling* the rear windows with some dog-sports-related appliques soon enough, tho', so you surely won't be able to miss me.

Kim

Old 10-21-2006, 03:10 PM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Nice color k9joyride. We wanted that one, but had no choice at the time.

I know well the "haphazardly frosted" look of the rear windows since my bro has a golden retreiver chou mix in the back of his Highlander Hybrid often

See you on the road...