Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New (Used) FEH Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default New (Used) FEH Owner

Hello all!! I'm a proud new owner, rather my wife is a proud new owner of a 2006 FEH. I'll get pics up soon.

I used this site in some of my research before buying so I hope to continue gaining knowledge from you all.

Jay

Old 11-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New (Used) FEH Owner

Welcome to the site, I have an 06 FEH also.

~John

Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New (Used) PHEV wannabe

Greetings,
We're full-time RVers (15 years) living and traveling about the southwest & US in a diesel-powered, solar operated motorhome. We're wanting to go hybrid-electric and are researching and asking questions. We're most interested in the Prius (high mpg & space), but can't find info on whether it can be towed on a tow dolly and if/when the PHEV version is available or an aftermarket add-on battery pack, will we be able to use our solar electric system to bump-up the batteries? Any direction or thoughts appreciated. I'm reading old posts but don't find any yet related to our situation.
Looking forward to the discussions...thanks!
tom

Old 11-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Engineering first

Welcome to the CLUB!
Originally Posted by jtsparks2
Hello all!! I'm a proud new owner, rather my wife is a proud new owner of a 2006 FEH. I'll get pics up soon.

I used this site in some of my research before buying so I hope to continue gaining knowledge from you all.
I too started with a used hybrid, a 2003 Prius, and have throughly enjoyed the experience. I've test driven the FEH and it is a great ride, a little to high for us, but good, solid hybrid.

Did you get the AWD or FWD?

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: New (Used) PHEV wannabe

Originally Posted by Solarnomad
Greetings,
We're full-time RVers (15 years) living and traveling about the southwest & US in a diesel-powered, solar operated motorhome. We're wanting to go hybrid-electric and are researching and asking questions. We're most interested in the Prius (high mpg & space), but can't find info on whether it can be towed on a tow dolly and if/when the PHEV version is available or an aftermarket add-on battery pack, will we be able to use our solar electric system to bump-up the batteries? Any direction or thoughts appreciated. I'm reading old posts but don't find any yet related to our situation.
Looking forward to the discussions...thanks!
No problem. Folks here are quite friendly and willing to share our knowledge.

The Prius can be dolly towed without a problem. As for PHEV, they are around but pretty pricy. Your solar electric system can be used to pump up the main traction battery and one Prius owner has already done that.

It is hard to address your electric vehicle (EV) requirements. However, I would recommend looking at some of the larger, electric scooters too. If you need something to run out for groceries or roll around the area, electric scooters might fit the bill. A fair weather solution, they do have unmatched 'presence' in an area.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

ps. Rather than tag on this thread, perhaps you might ask specific questions in the "General" area.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Toyota Prius. I have seen them being towed with a dolly. H

Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Enthusiast

I got the FWD version. We're far enough south that we don't have to many winter weather events, and when we do nobody expects you to go out in it