Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

sadly, a NON-hybrid member ... introducing myself ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: sadly, a NON-hybrid member ... introducing myself ....

it seems i should change the original "subject-line" for this thread ...

... for i am a "NON-hybrid member" no more!

Monday, the 6th of August, my wife, daughter and i made the trip from Lafayette to Avon - at the far-west side of Indianapolis - to pick up our new P R I U S ! ! ! ! !

we had been on the waiting list through a Kokomo dealership since the 28th of May, but were having little luck getting what we wanted. car color was no huge issue, but we REALLY wanted a package 3. all Kokomo had come up with was a number of package 2s. so, we contacted the Andy Mohr dealership and placed a deposit there on the 11th of July. less than a month later, "our" car has arrived!

our first choice of color had been Seaside Pearl ... but we "settled" for Classic Silver Metallic and DID get our preferred package. to stay somewhat in theme with my "member name" ... for the purpose of these boards / this web-site, our Prius, at least tentatively, is named "Mithril" ....

we've had something of a road-trip already - we went to Dayton, Ohio, yesterday - and managed a fairly respectable 46.8 m p g ... even though i was driving a BIT faster - 62-65 - than i usually do with a fairly heavy load and with the A/C on most of the time. the MFD, however, had "suggested" that the mpg was more like 49.7. is such a significant variance between actual FE and the MFD read-out commonplace?

in any event, 46.8 sure beats the mileage we get in our Stratus on longer trips; even when driving at speeds somewhat SLOWER than those indicated above, the Stratus generally "peaks" at about 36 m p g ....

( hmmm #1 ... note to self ... change "signature" below .... )

( hmmm #2 ... note to others ... the "signature" below has been changed .... )

Last edited by Son of Gloin 01; 08-07-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: sadly, a NON-hybrid member ... introducing myself ....

Welcome to the CLUB! The sweeter because of the wait.

You may want to review the Prius FAQ for "lessons learned." Also, recording your mileage is a great way to learn what works and what doesn't.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson