Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

2007 Honda Fit/Toyota Yaris: Specs and Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Wannabe Hypermiler
Default 2007 Honda Fit/Toyota Yaris: Specs and Pics

Official specs on the new subcompacts from Honda and Toyota. I'm disappointed that the Fit failed to eclipse the mileage numbers of the Civic and that the Yaris fuel economy didn't improve much over the Corolla.

An improvement would have been for Honda to offer the Fit with the CVT-7 used in Asia/Europe and for the Yaris to get a 5 speed automatic option. Oh well.

2007 Honda Fit
mpg: 33/38 (5MT) 31/38 (5AT)

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...item_id=472353

2007 Toyota Yaris
mpg: 34/40 (5MT) 34/39 (4AT)

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/04/2...icial-arrival/

Old 01-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Honda Fit/Toyota Yaris: Specs and Pics

Man, what is with Toyota and this center dash thing. I can't believe they did any sort of marketing in the States and found that would fly on a large scale. I can understand the Prius and the Echo because they were such limited markets but it look like they are rolling this out to other cars. Wierd.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eskrimast1
I'm disappointed that the Fit failed to eclipse the mileage numbers of the Civic and that the Yaris fuel economy didn't improve much over the Corolla.
I'm rather suprised the Fit didn't beat the Highway Mileage numbers for the Civic too, bummer since the Fit weighs substantially less - guess the Civic's aerodynamics must be in there (it has a really low roofline).

But the Fit does beat the Civic for City mileage (here the lower weight comes into play I think).

As to the comment on the Center display for the Toyota Yaris, it is a redone version of the Echo (the 4 door sedan of the Yaris is coming & I personally can't stand the look), which is where it gets the Center console from (just like the Prius, which was based off a modified Echo platform as well - and has the center console).

I personally like the look of both the Fit and the Hatchback Yaris, too bad the Canadians are the only ones to get the 4 door hatch Yaris. Its good to see our two main Japanese manufacturers get back in the small car segment though.

Scott

Old 01-09-2006, 12:36 AM
04 prius 350,000km

now i can't wait for nissan's versa final specs for their engine. If you want CVT Nissan is the way to go! For a 1.8 120 horse, 125 pounds torque mileage is estimated for 38 combined. but those numbers might change.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Enthusiastically Active

Originally Posted by Eskrimast1
Official specs on the new subcompacts from Honda and Toyota. I'm disappointed that the Fit failed to eclipse the mileage numbers of the Civic and that the Yaris fuel economy didn't improve much over the Corolla.
Has anyone seen a price? I suspect that the Fit will be $3000 - $5000 less expensive than the Civic, hense it does not have some of the fuel saving technology that the standard Civic has, although the boxy shape is probably the main reason for the lower highway mileage number.