Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

ABC News Gets It Right!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Engineering first
Talking ABC News Gets It Right!

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Business/L...3363653&page=1
. . .
Now, as gas prices top $3 a gallon across the country, a new kind of buyer is emerging -- one who likes the idea of a car that pollutes less but that also saves money. This wasn't always the case when hybrids cost $3,000 or more than their conventional (and often more powerful) counterparts. Today more people are considering fuel-saving benefits as the price disparity between hybrids and conventional cars has dropped to as little as $1,500.
. . .
At last, it is great to read a factual article about hybrids in America. Heck, they even cited CNW Marketing without buying into CNW's anti-hybrid bias. This really is a good read.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: ABC News Gets It Right!

Sorry. It is an OK read but not "really... good".

It does not take long for some of us to derive this impression, especially when some of the assertions are not entirely factual - and are even mis-representrative.

To be specific: I take exception to the author comparing the hybrid Vue to the current gen Civic Hybrid as well some of the traits and behaviors of the platforms identified in the article.
In my books and certainly in the books of those who know what I am talking about, this is article is still a little lacking. it is OK but not great.

Goes to show that we can please everyone.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It says my Toyota Highlander Hybrid is not green.

Well the HiHy (currently at 35 mpg) seems a lot greener than the minivan (that averaged 23 mpg over the past year) that it replaced.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Engineering first

Good points about the HCH/Saturn VUE and Highlander. I'd been so used to reading so much worse.

Bob Wilson