Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Gas Guzzlers, Read This

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned
Default Gas Guzzlers, Read This

For the ones pontificating their "right" to cruise at 75mph+ and/or in a land barge, read what the Saudis say about their ability to pump your gas.

Go ahead call me smug, wrongheaded, crazy....then check back in five years about how right you were. Of course, I don't believe every article I read, but several times I've read the Saudis really don't know how much oil they have or how long it will last. A lot more certain is the rapidly increasing oil consumption by China and India.

I'll be more than happy to be proven overly pessistimic about the World's reserves of oil, but the Saudis probably have a good idea of what their capacity is....

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 04-04-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Gas Guzzlers, Read This

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
several times I've read the Saudis really don't know how much oil they have or how long it will last.
but the Saudis probably have a good idea of what their capacity is....
Sorry I just thought that was funny. About the worlds oil reserves, your guess is as good as mine.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

OK, you caught my unintentional GWB impersonation - I'm not related.

What I intended to say: the Saudis don't know how much oil they have left to pump, but they do know enough to tell when they start to run on empty. Yes, they can deliver for a few decades, but demand will probably go well above what they can pump.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:37 PM
World's First Hybrid

OK, you caught my unintentional GWB impersonation - I'm not related.

What I intended to say: the Saudis don't know how much oil they have left to pump, but they do know enough to tell when they start to run on empty. Yes, they can deliver for a few decades, but demand will probably go well above what they can pump.
Pumping is the least of our worries. Throw the Iranian nuke situation into the mix, and what we have is one big CF. Just one nuke into Saudi oil fields will create so much havoc, similar to the Kuwait oil fires of the first Gulf war times 10.

Prices at the pump here in NE are already back up to $2.50/gal.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

It starts at $2.69 in Dallas.