Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Taking the misinformed Hybrid owner to a new Low !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Taking the misinformed Hybrid owner to a new Low !!

I *really* hope this guy does not have a sign on his car that says this:

"You see every demographic across the board come in and buy them," said Danny Wilson, vice president of Wilson Olds-Cadillac-Toyota. "You can't pinpoint and say, this group of people are buying this car."
Wilson has observed several owners of high-end cars - BMWs or late-model Lexus sedans - trade in their vehicle for a Toyota Prius.
Going green - Political and environmental considerations are motivators for many hybrid car customers, including Mikesch Muecke, associate professor of architecture at Iowa State University and owner of a Toyota Prius.
"I thought it was time to show some civic responsibility and say, 'I'm not going to drive a car that makes us more dependent on non-democratic states like Saudi Arabia,'" he said.

He is not only a satisfied owner; he's an advocate of hybrid technology. He purchased signs for his front car doors that read, "Gas electric hybrid, SULEV (Super Ultra Low Electric Vehicle)."

Here's the whole thing:

http://www.mixedpower.com/modules.ph...rticle&sid=364

Old 02-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Site Founder

Haha. I had to read it a couple times before I noticed it said Low Electric Vehicle!

Old 02-25-2005, 01:20 PM

Of course it probably doesn't matter because most of the people out there wouldn't even know it was a mistake.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Contributor ($)

So which has slower acceleration, an Ultra Low Electric Vehicle, or a Super Ultra Low Electric Vehicle? Hmmm...

Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Taking the misinformed Hybrid owner to a new Low !!

The Super Ultra-Low Electric Vehicle has slower acceleration, due to the tailpipe scraping on the asphalt.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blinkard
The Super Ultra-Low Electric Vehicle has slower acceleration, due to the tailpipe scraping on the asphalt.
A low-rider Prius would have what, two inches of ground clearance, instead of five?

Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 AM
YA RLY.

Low rider Prius? Does he have hydraulics on it so the car can jump up and down?

Old 05-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sledge
Low rider Prius? Does he have hydraulics on it so the car can jump up and down?
Yes but because of the added power of the battery pack, the car can "bunny hop" with all 4 tires leaving the ground at once. Allows you to parallel park almost anywhere...

Old 05-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Bah, I want a super high electric vehicle. I want lightning bolts to shoot out at cars that get in my way, as well as pedestrians.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Bah, I want a super high electric vehicle. I want lightning bolts to shoot out at cars that get in my way, as well as pedestrians.
Just ask Mike D (inventor of MIMA) if he would consider for his next hybrid project interfacing a tazer with they hybrid cable.

Quick Reply: Taking the misinformed Hybrid owner to a new Low !!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands