Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth Issues

Hi,
I purchased a 2009 Altima (hybrid) loaded with the nav/tech package. Prior to that I all ready had a HTC Touchpro...my previous car didn't have bluetooth. So, I have experienced the same issues with the caller not hearing me unless I use the workaround (transfering call to handset then back to car). This issue with the windows mobile 6.1 bluetooth stack on smartphones and it's problems with OEM bluetooth in cars are recounted hundreds of times on numerous forums for all types of cars. The nissan list of approved phones is not updated often enough.
My question is: Is there anyone with a 2008/9 Nissan Altima with Nav/tech package who is successfully using one of the newer "smartphones" (Blackberry Storm, Palm- Pre, Apple 3GS, etc.) with their car...meaning making and receiving calls works without resorting to the crazy workaround??
Thanks

Old 09-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth Issues

this isn't going to help you much...but I've had no issues. BT works great for me. The reason that's not helpful is that I'm not the person you're asking for...I don't have the Navi (everything but...) and I use a Palm CENTRO (still uses the Palm OS). I previously used a Treo 650 with this car.

In each case, the BT connects on startup, doesn't drop calls from the speakers (unless I tell it to) and the people on the other end tell me that sound quality is great. (leave yourself a voicemail one day to hear how you sound).

I had a work friend in the car a month ago and we connected his iPhone 3G (not 3Gs) and it worked like a dream. Hope that you find the answers to your issues...

Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. It is definitely something with the version of BT that the Nissan and HTC Touch Pro arre using. My wife's Blackberry work with no problem in my car....and when I used my cell in her nav equipped TCH it worked like a charm....go figure :-)

Old 09-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

There was an article or review of the tech package, i beleive on either Gizmodo or CNET that indicated that the BT performance was VERY phone dependant. You should probably take a google search for it and see as I seem to remember it listing a set of phones and their performance.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know that it's a windows mobile issue specifically, either. I used a Samsung Omnia and it worked just fine, albeit with a 3rd gen Prius. I've also had it work fine with a BB Storm in the Prius. I now have a BB Curve 8330 and need to get it synced before I forget and miss calls. I hope you get it working though!