I need an Aahoogaa!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default I need an Aahoogaa!

Okay, I'm looking for an Aahooga. Does anyone know where I can buy one.

Remember the old Model A Fords and that funky horn they had that would make the silly "Aahooga!" sound. I want to get one of those.

We have noticed that because the Altima is silent in EV mode... pedestrians in parking lots litterally walk right into our car. There is something about honking a horn that is just aggressive and rude... and it makes people angry... but a quieter and sillier "Aahooga" sound would alert people to the fact that we were there and not make people mad the way honking does.

My husband and I just got back from China. We noticed there that people use horns very differently than we do here in the US. They have horns that make this little "bleet bleet bleet" sound to alert pedestrians that a car is coming up to them. They use their horns all the time as an alert... and it is very helpful.

This made me wonder - is there anything we could add to our car that would let us do something like this? I don't want a "Honk!" I want something that would just alert people in a quieter fashion.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I need an Aahoogaa!

Go to ebay or click here. http://search.ebay.com/search/search...orn&category0=

Old 12-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Or you could make a CD with these sounds and play them on your stereo.

http://www.horseless.com/horn.html

Old 12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Always a source for odd automotive accessories - J. C. Whitney.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...015146/c-10101

Maybe a reverbarator would sound good on the radio? If you have to ask what a reverbarator is then you never drove a car before 1970. Edit - make that 1968. That's the last time I installed one - then FM stereo became available in Massachusetts.

Last edited by lloyd123; 12-09-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you guys found these. You are amazing!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Enthusiast

Actually, I like it quiet. Reminds me of K.I.T.T. in Knight Rider - "Silent Mode". Too bad I didn't have one of these back in high school. I could of gotten less of a whooping for coming home late. Instead, I went with a big fat loud exhaust that woke up the entire block. Go figure...

Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FrostNAH
Actually, I like it quiet.
You won't after a half dozen or so people in parking lots start swearing at you and shaking their fists at you because THEY weren't paying attention and almost walked right into you. It's actually funny... they blame you and are completely convinced you almost hit them... all because they can't hear you.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marianne
You won't after a half dozen or so people in parking lots start swearing at you and shaking their fists at you because THEY weren't paying attention and almost walked right into you. It's actually funny... they blame you and are completely convinced you almost hit them... all because they can't hear you.
"swearing at you and shaking their fists" is how people say hello in New England.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

-Gren

Old 12-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GrendelKhan
"swearing at you and shaking their fists" is how people say hello in New England.

-Gren
Really? I thought that was just in New York City!