Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

College Admittance Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Site Founder

Got a nice small envelope from Stanford, today. Rejection #1. How dare they! In liberal, environmental-activist California? Let's hope it's the last.

Their acceptance rate is rediculously low, so I knew my chances were slim, but it would have been nice for my pride. My other top choices are Rice University (Houston, TX) and Washington University in St. Louis (Missouri).

More to come.

Old 12-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

They obviously don't drive hybrids there.

I wouldn't want to go to a place like THAT anyway.

I'm sure your next one will be a go.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I was just accepted into Kettering University (former General Motors Institute)

Old 12-13-2004, 09:41 PM

Hi Jason:

___For as long as I have been posting here, I don’t remember what you were considering as a major? With that, I suspect your Activities/Grades/ACT/SAT’s are exemplary so you should choose a school with the best reputation in that particular field. Engineering as an example would include MIT, University of Illinois, University of Wisconsin - Madison, any of the large California technical Universities. I am going by memory and it has been a very long time since I was interested in such things … The school rankings on a field of study basis are published in just about any well written and exhaustive college entrance article as far back as I can remember. I have a feeling your parents as well as yourself have already spent an agonizing amount of hours reviewing similar. My oldest son graduated with a Bio-Chem/Biology degree out of the University of Illinois just 6 months ago. Wisconsin-Madison might have been a better choice as far as reputations are concerned for that field but not at another $10K/year it wasn’t

___Finally, it was Stanford’s loss imho!

___Good Luck with wherever you finally attend.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 12-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Site Founder

I'm going into political science/international relations. We'll see wher eI end up!

Old 12-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jason@Dec 13th 2004 @ 6:03 PM
Got a nice small envelope from Stanford, today. Rejection #1. How dare they! In liberal, environmental-activist California? Let's hope it's the last.

Their acceptance rate is rediculously low, so I knew my chances were slim, but it would have been nice for my pride. My other top choices are Rice University (Houston, TX) and Washington University in St. Louis (Missouri).

More to come.
Jason, my wife and I are both Wash U. grads now living in Southern Cal.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Site Founder

Oh? How'd you like it? I'm feeling confident about that admission... my interview went very well. It's so COOOOLD, though!

Just found out my cousin got into Emory ED.

Old 12-22-2004, 01:49 PM

Grr, still havent heard anything back from GA Tech....well, except that I didnt get the presidents scholarship (big surprise :lol

Old 01-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I just applied to Wash U today. Very very late...

Old 01-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Site Founder

Um. Hasn't the admission deadline passed? Or maybe it was the 15th. Not sure

Quick Reply: College Admittance Decisions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands