Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Make your own Chevy Tahoe commercial

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Make your own Chevy Tahoe commercial

I had some time to spare

so i made one too

check this one out

http://www.chevyapprentice.com/view.php?country=us&uniqueid=b1c6c1de-1643-1029-98eb-0013724ff5a7

and

http://www.chevyapprentice.com/view....b-0013724ff5a7

Last edited by CamelFilters; 04-05-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

All right. I just created the best commercial ever! (Unless you don't watch the Simpsons)

Old 04-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Happy Hybrid Owner

I think my niece did a great one (with a little help from her dad). Check it out:

Last edited by sweetbeet; 04-06-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

This campainge is absolute genious.

I find it Ironic that some people are viewing this as a "backfire" due to the political and enviromental messages that the green thumbs are putting forward, basically bashing the concept of an SUV.

Truth be told if you weren't the type of person to buy an SUV before this wont change a thing, but if you were, this viral advertising has the Tahoe front and centre in peoples minds, not neccessarily creating a "new market" but may just give them the edge to conquere the already existing one for such a vehicle.

If gm is looking for a way to rebuild itself then this is definitly a promising angle

Old 04-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by Hondasucks
This campainge is absolute genious. . . .
If so, it will be repeated.

Truth be told if you weren't the type of person to buy an SUV before this wont change a thing, but if you were, this viral advertising has the Tahoe front and centre in peoples minds, not neccessarily creating a "new market" but may just give them the edge to conquere the already existing one for such a vehicle.. . . .
When these ads start showing up in actual TV ads, Google, Yahoo or Hotmail space, they will have shown a commitment to follow-through. If GM shows just the 'positive' ads, they will get the same 'glassy eyed stares' . . . business as ususal. In contrast, if they put up the skeptical ads, the humorous ads, they'll actually get viewers ("Honey, the Tahoe ad is coming on and it is a new one.".) Right now, it is too soon to say which way GM will go.

It might be interesting to see if the Tahoe sales show a blip. Myself, I'm not expecting a que of cars backed out into the street at the local GM/Tahoe dealership.

Bob Wilson

Old 04-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Banned
Default Even More Genius at Work

Check out http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/2883

Here Are Some Favorites:
Show Me the Pictures
(Child asks Dad to show him pictures again of animals and trees while they drive)

Global Warming? Turn up the AC

Ah Greenland
(How to turn Greenland into a water skiing paradise)

It’s Getting Hot in Here

Old 04-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Thumbs up Re: Make your own Chevy Tahoe commercial

This campainge is absolute genious.

I find it Ironic that some people are viewing this as a "backfire" due to the political and enviromental messages that the green thumbs are putting forward, basically bashing the concept of an SUV.
I agree completely. These Ads that seem to turn negative succeed in getting companies Name Recognition, which in many cases is more valuable than results from soft ads that are easily forgotten.

Very similar to what you're doing for Honda with your "Honda Sucks" campaign...

Old 04-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Katz6768
I agree completely. These Ads that seem to turn negative succeed in getting companies Name Recognition, which in many cases is more valuable than results from soft ads that are easily forgotten.

Very similar to what you're doing for Honda with your "Honda Sucks" campaign...

LoL You know i knew someone would say that as I was typing the post There is a slight difference tho as my protest is against a specific vehicle and brand, where as alot of these greenpeace style Tahoe ads are targeting the notion of an SUV and not the company or brand directly.

Heck on a website called "Green Hybrid" The tahoe campaign is being discussed with 37+ posts and almost 500 views, not only that other enviromentaly friendly type sites have this story all over it as well. The people who despise SUV's them have now become GM's advertising vehicle.

On a side note, I saw the new Tahoe at the autoshow and I pust say, it is one awsome truck with a real presence

Last edited by Hondasucks; 04-07-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

On a side note, I saw the new Tahoe at the autoshow and I pust say, it is one awsome truck with a real presance
What is a "presance"?

Old 04-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Enthusiastically Active

I saw the new Tahoe at the autoshow and I pust say, it is one awsome truck with a real presence

Presance is what you get when you gift wrap "pust"