Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

More Brown Gas HHO stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: PICCTV.com - anyone seen this snake oil yet?

I Too Got A Quote From Picctv. They Have All The Signs Of Being A Scam Let Alone The Chemistry Part. I Was Unable To Contact Them, They Have A P.o. Box For An Address, The Name Given Can Not Be Located In Nv. The Only Contact Was Where To Send The Money. Here Is My Reply To Their Price Quote; " Why Haven't You Sold This Idea To Gm Or Ford Or Chrysler? I Would Have, I Am Positive They Would Be Very Interested In It. The Car Company With This Invention Would Dominate The Market. The Only Way That I Would Invest In Something Like This Is , It Was Installed In My Vehicle Free On A Trial Basis And Proven To Do As You Say Before Any Money Changed Hands. Have Consumer Reports Test Your Kit, If It Is What You Say It Is, Then That Will Only Benefit You. Otherwise , You're Just Another Scumbag Trying To Steal Money Off Poor People. I Hope You Would Have Some Legitimate Independant Testing And Prove Your Invention To Be True. Most Inventers Patent Their Ideas Also. Please Reply"
If anyone knows how to contact them, I would like to know. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Smile Re: PICCTV.com - anyone seen this snake oil yet?

Originally Posted by Bruce Johnston
...One of the old race pioneers, Smokey Yunick actually built an incredible hot vapor engine where he used part of the wasted combustion heat to pre vaporize the fuel mixture. this process not only put the fuel vapor in a fully vaporized and combustable state, it created a natural forced induction due to the thermal expansion of the gascious mixture.
The result which was well documented, was a substantial gain in both fuel mileage and horsepower.... Bruce.
I remeber that guy. He raced Hornets in the early days and then switched to the Chevy/GM teams. He was really into aerodynamics and I think he pioneered techniques for "injector stuffing" using driver adjustable ram air ducts to control the intake pressure for better injector performance. I never heard about heated fuel, though.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Enthusiast

Does Anyone Know Why The Car Manufacturers Don't Use A Fuel System That Vaporizes Fuel Instead Of Trying To Atomize It Through Injectors?

Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Does Anyone Know Why The Car Manufacturers Don't Use A Fuel System That Vaporizes Fuel Instead Of Trying To Atomize It Through Injectors?
Probably because it wouold be very difficult to finely control the air/fuel ratio. Modern engines do a reasonable job of atomizing the fuel anyway, except when cold.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Old Boomer Techie

Originally Posted by GASHOG
Are you a young guy? They were called carburetors, and we let them die (almost) for a whole lot of reasons: Vaporlock, carburator icing, ide jet adjustments, multi-jet balancing, inability to control fuel metering for individual cylinders -- just to name a few.

They said that adjusting them was science -- more like a black art to a lot of us that tried to do it.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Points ignition and carburetors are two things that I'm glad are gone. Most people don't know a carburetor does not have a linear fuel flow its really 3 intersecting curves,( idle, main and power) so you have many "holes" in the fuel curve. Looking back its amazing that cars ran at all.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast

How About The Vehicles That Run On Natural Gas?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:31 AM
woj
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GASHOG
I Too Got A Quote From Picctv. They Have All The Signs Of Being A Scam Let Alone The Chemistry Part. I Was Unable To Contact Them, They Have A P.o. Box For An Address, The Name Given Can Not Be Located In Nv. The Only Contact Was Where To Send The Money. Here Is My Reply To Their Price Quote; " Why Haven't You Sold This Idea To Gm Or Ford Or Chrysler? I Would Have, I Am Positive They Would Be Very Interested In It. The Car Company With This Invention Would Dominate The Market. The Only Way That I Would Invest In Something Like This Is , It Was Installed In My Vehicle Free On A Trial Basis And Proven To Do As You Say Before Any Money Changed Hands. Have Consumer Reports Test Your Kit, If It Is What You Say It Is, Then That Will Only Benefit You. Otherwise , You're Just Another Scumbag Trying To Steal Money Off Poor People. I Hope You Would Have Some Legitimate Independant Testing And Prove Your Invention To Be True. Most Inventers Patent Their Ideas Also. Please Reply"
If anyone knows how to contact them, I would like to know. Thanks.
Hello,
I am the person above who Gashog, emailed. I answered his email and since he did not deem it important to put my answer here on this forum, I thought it would be a good idea to let you know that I DID reply and I will paste it below. I "X'd his name out of respect for his privacy. Regards, Mike

Dear Mr XXXX,
Your customer service rep is Mark and I'm sure that he sent you a quote, but sometimes emails do not get through spam filters. I am copying this to him and I suggest you add his email address to your acceptable email addresses or your address book and send him an email as this help gets past the filters when someone answers your email. I apologize for the delay, but unfortunately, that is a problem with the email system, they are so busy protecting us against SPAM they protect us from things we want and need.

In answer to your letter below, my answer and experience is that Big Businesses, like Ford or GM and the rest, resist change and they do not wish to retool. If you think Big Business does not take actions against inventors, watch the movies,
"Tucker-The Man and His Dream" or "The Aviator",
(about Howard Hughes and how Pan Am tried to keep Trans World Airlines out of the International Market). It was true then and is even truer today. It is the same as it was when Tucker tried to introduce great innovations back after W.W.II and was shut down by the "Big Three'. Now, most of those innovations are part of the car you drive, but they had to stomp down the competition and retool at their convenience. Also, since our system will help cars engines last longer, it is not in their best "Planned Obsolescence" interest. With our coming directly to the public with these technologies, the public will force the big companies to change, and they will. Attached is a press release inviting just those kinds of tests you are talking about and getting the PICC tested and approved by the EPA. We are in the process of getting California "CARB" approved right now for the HAFC.

Let me ask you this. If we are the "Scum Bags" you suggest, would we be going to this much effort, like running full page ads in National Publications such as Newsweek, US News and World Report, Popular Science and many more? If Dutchman could not prove the claims made, that would be a pretty dumb thing to do don't you think? Like putting a red flag in front of all the authorities. We don't have to defend ourselves, time and our success will do that for us just fine.

Dutchman is introducing the PICC at the WIREC convention in Washington DC, starting Tuesday the 4th of March (See http://www.americanrenewables.org/ for details) WIREC is the largest renewable energy show ever, and it is sponsored by the US government and the EPA. Strange place to find "Scum Bags" and cons, right under the nose of the EPA. Seems like Dutchman would keep a "Low" profile, to protect the scam wouldn't you think?

Below are a couple of questions among the many answered at http://hafctechnology.com/FAQs.htm that address your concerns that you put in the Forum at https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...56/index2.html under the name
"
GASHOG
" Your reply there suggests that we won't contact you except to "Where To Send The Money". I guess this "reply" kinda shoots that "Thought" out of the water. By the way, I live in a small town in Nevada and the Post Office does not deliver mail to my house, where I run my business, so a PO Box in a necessity, not something to hide behind.

Best Regards,

J. Michael Hall, Manager, Wings of Joy LLC
Nevada

We have been told that we need to call references to check out a product. Can we get references of satisfied customers?
We do have a few hundred customers who have experienced the HAFC technology. We also have 2,000 dealers who are in line to distribute the HAFC kit nationwide and in other parts of the world. We are also running full page ads in national magazines that comprise a total subscriber list of over twenty million readers. Not to mention planned ads on TV, radio, and mall bill boards. Our dealers are already being inundated with thousands (soon tens of thousands) of requests for quotes. This is a nationwide mass distribution of something everyone needs. I can assure you that you would not want to be one of the references who would be getting dozens of calls (or more) every evening from people who want to know how your HAFC is doing. That is why we have done something even better than giving out the phone numbers of our customers. We are offering you the best reference you could ever get… We are offering YOU as a reference for yourself. We are offering you the chance to try our HAFC kit and, if it does not perform at the minimal level you can return it for a 100% refund of ALL the money you paid our distributor for it. We have been offering our hundreds of customers that same offer since January of 2007. There are no complaints. There are no customers who have ever exercised that guarantee right with the dealer who sold them their kit, and been denied the full refund. The only thing we ask is to get it back in good enough shape that we can recondition it for resale. Who else guarantees a 50% improvement in fuel economy? I will tell you who… no one except us, AND WE MEAN IT! The greatest reference you could get is a local mechanic who knows automobiles and is able to review the installation manual on this site and the main HAFC and PICC site you initially visited and can tell you that the technology makes sense. If the concept makes no sense to him, then fine, why take a chance on something that a real expert with no axe to grind says makes no sense? But, if it makes sense to him, and you can see what we have to gain by building a good reputation, PLUS you can return it if you do not have the experience we promise, where do you have a better chance to get free of this gasoline nightmare?
Why is there no name for the Company advertised on the Web Site?
The name of the company that developed and sells the HAFC kit and will soon offer the PICC kit is Dutchman Enterprises, LLC. There is a good reason why there is no name on the web site, because it is the main site for our 2,000 dealers. You most likely responded to our national media campaign. The advertising was, collectively, paid for by our distributors. As the requests for quotes come in, they are routed in sequential order to the various companies that paid for the ads. When they respond to you with your quote, they will identify themselves and you will know exactly whom you are specifically purchasing the kits from. Be aware that this is a nationwide advertising blitz so you may get a distributor from another part of the country. All they are doing is selling you the kit. That is why they can sell it anywhere. It will be installed either by you (if you are handy) or by a local mechanic in your area. We stand ready to locate a qualified mechanic right in your neighborhood. If we do not have one already, we will provide training for a mechanic who, after reviewing the details of the installation, knows he can do the job. If the technology does not perform at the 50% minimal improvement level, then the distributor will buy it back for what you paid them. These distributors value their relationship with Dutchman Enterprises enough to have built their businesses around it. Dutchman can assure you, that you will always be treated fairly and professionally by our distributors who will live up to their commitments. You have the extra protection that comes from dealing with a company that has an entire national network of distributors who need inventory. The market is HUGE. The mechanic always stands behind his own workmanship. The warrantee for all the kit parts is provided by Dutchman Enterprises, LLC 3002 State Route 23, Newfoundland, New Jersey as well as the actual manufacturer involved in that particular kit.. We have various licensed manufacturers and major suppliers in The USA and Canada who also warrantee the parts for the kits they manufacture to Dutchman. You have a whole team of people standing ready to do their part to make this a great experience. We apologize for any confusion this may cause, but you are actually dealing this way more often than you realize. Even the local McDonalds is owned by someone other than corporate McDonalds. It is run by a local businessman who values his relationship with McDonalds. It is most likely run by a different owner than the McDonalds across town, even though they both sell the same product. The burger business (like most businesses) is dependent upon many other businesses to keep in materials and supplies and a local labor pool, but is located in a specific location. It cannot do business outside of its local area due to the product (burgers) it provides to the public. Of course it has to obey the rules and regulations set by corporate McDonalds, and it is overseen by McDonalds headquarters, who make sure everyone obeys the rules. Dutchman Enterprises cannot afford to have unhappy customers anywhere. Our distributors are selling a universal (one size fits all) kit for vehicles. They must do so within the confines of our program. The best thing is that this kit is so much in demand (with over 100 million vehicles in North America that need it) that it assures everyone of success. You, the customer, are the real boss, and the assurance of the entire project. Where would McDonalds be without satisfied customers? We have worked too hard to develop a quality product and nationwide distribution and service not to deliver.
Has this HAFC system or PICC system been CARB tested yet, and has the PICC been accepted by the EPA as a catalytic converter?
Many cars that have failed inspection for the third time have been modified to the HAFC and passed with flying colors. In fact, when people fail inspection, modifying a car is the best way to get it passed. The 2007 Honda Civic we will be showing at a renewable energy show in Washington DC was tested in New Jersey inspection and it was allowed 100 hydrocarbons. With the HAFC system in place, it had only 11. It had absolutely no carbon monoxide! We are preparing for CARB testing right now for the HAFC system. We are working with a California engineering firm to do a protocol unit for testing and there is little doubt we will pass CARB certification with the HAFC. We believe that the CARB program is a sincere effort to protect the environment and we intend to co-operate fully with their efforts. We should be going for testing in early March. For that reason we suggest that people in California hold off on putting the kit on their car until that testing has been completed. Our dealer may sell a California customer the kit in advance of the testing, but will assure them that if we do not get CARB certified, the dealer will buy it back for what they paid for it if they are not able to use it in their state. At least they will already have the kit when they are able to install it. We do believe that kit orders are going to get pretty back- logged. We are well on our way to tens of thousands of orders already. Our advertising is targeted toward tens of millions of potential customers before the end of March. Getting a kit now is a very good idea. As for the EPA accepting the Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter as an acceptable catalytic converter, watch the short PICC video if you have not already done so and you will see that this device is in every sense of the term, a catalytic converter that is engaging the process of catalysis to pre-condition the fuel. It is so effective that after the PICC reactor is installed on a vehicle you can breath the exhaust, because it is so clean. We believe that the EPA would have no choice but to approve it when the exhaust is so clean you can breath it. We also believe that our PICC will set a new standard for emission control in the automotive industry. We do, absolutely, intend to work with the car manufacturers if they wish to apply this device to all vehicles that are manufactured in North America through licensing of this breakthrough technology. We believe that the acceptance of our catalytic solution is inevitable. It may happen right away, or it may take time. In any event, we can all be enjoying the benefits of the HAFC modification kit while we await approval for this new revolution in catalytic converters.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Mike, quite a long reply. I am impressed with your effort, but not the product. The online videos are, well, pathetic. There is no science in your web sites and lots of smoke and mirrors. Taking the web site down could actually help your sales.

A video you should watch is "Tommy Boy".

"You can put crap in a box and put a warranty on it, but wouldn't you rather get a quality product instead?"

A money back warranty is meaningless.
Every late-night TV get rich quick scheme comes with one.
( I think this is the only reason the FTC allows the items, like yours to be sold in the first place... )
Every item sold at Wal-Mart comes with a MBG even though it is mostly cut-rate crap from China. But such a very small % of people return stuff, Wal-Mart has nothing to fear.

I feel you, like them, are banking on the fact that 90% of all purchasers will be too embarassed to return a product that scamed them out of hundreds, or thousands of $. People do not like to admit to themselves they were stupid enough to buy. You are feeding off human nature, not a quality product IMHO.

Your product will in most cases give single-digit % increases in fuel economy at best, and is in no way worth the cost. There is usually a thread of truth that gets people motivated to get such a project rolling, but the effects are so minor, you best save your cash for something else.
Great claims require indisputable proof. Where is it? Tell me your converter helps boost FE by 6% and I may believe you.

I bought a Hybrid car, even though they cost more, because I could see and measure the results, but even then, it takes years to get a return on the investment.

Nice try. Nice effort. Weak product, (based on weak website info) IMHO.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:16 PM
woj
Enthusiast

Sounds a lot like the quotes below to me
Famous Quotes
Below contains famous quotes from people that made bold statements about what was impossible. History is filled with instances where most of society thought something was impossible only to be proven wrong. Usually the people that do the impossible are persecuted and ridiculed.
We have come to the conclusion that nothing is impossible. And when someone says that "that's impossible", what they are really saying is that they don't know how to do it.
Read the bold prognostications and see if they don't illustrate our point!
“I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
“This ‘telephone’ has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.” Western Union, internal memo, 1876
“The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a ‘C’, the idea must be feasible.”A Yale University management professor in response to Fred Smith’s paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service. Smith went on to found FedEx.
“Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?”– Harry Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927
“I’m just glad it will be Clark Gable falling on his face and not Gary Cooper” – Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in “Gone With the Wind”
“We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on its way out.” – Decca Recording Company, rejecting The Beatles, 1962
“Heavier than air flying machines are impossible.”– Lord Kelvin, President, Royal Society, 1895
“There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.”Ken Olson, President, Chairman and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
“If I had thought about it, I wouldn’t have done the experiment. The literature was full of examples that said you can’t do this.” – Spencer Silver, on the work that led to the unique adhesives on 3–M Post–It notepads
“The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?” David Sarnoff’s associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920’s
“Everything that can be invented has been invented.” – Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Patent Office, 1899
“So we went to Atari and said, “Hey we’ve got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, what do you think about funding us? Or we’ll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we’ll come work for you.” And they said, “No”. So then we went to Hewlett Packard and they said, “Hey, we don’t need you; you haven’t even got through college yet.” – Apple Computer Co–Founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and HP interested in he and Steve Wozniak’s personal computer.
“Louis Pasteur’s theory of germs is ridiculous fiction.” – Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872
“You want to have consistent an uniform muscle development across all of your muscles? It can’t be done. It’s just a fact of life. You have to accept inconsistent muscle development as an unalterable condition of weight training.” – Response to Arthur Jones, who solved the “unsolvable” problem by inventing Nautilus.
“Airplanes are interesting toys, but are of no military value.”– Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre
“Drill for oil? You mean drill into the ground to try to find oil? You’re crazy.” – Drillers who Edwin L. Drake tried to enlist to his project to drill for oil in 1859
“640k ought to be enough for anybody.”– Bill Gates, Co–Founder and CEO of Microsoft, 1981

Quick Reply: More Brown Gas HHO stuff

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands