Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Personalized License Plate Frame help... Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Professional Hacker
Default Personalized License Plate Frame help... Ideas?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what I should have put on a personalized License Plate Frame. My plate says "INTRUS". My company name is "Intrus Technologies". I'm going to have a nice quality frame made, solid brass / chrome plated, engraved lettering with black inlay.

So my question is this.. If I put "www.IntrusTech.com" on the top, what should I put on the bottom? (I know, I JUST started the web site, no content yet)

As for my business, I'm a "Contracted IT Manager / IT Staff" in other words, I'm a consultant / outsourced IT staff.

What do you think would get peoples attention and get them to call me?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Personalized License Plate Frame help... Ideas?

Since I have no idea what the business is going just by its name, maybe a few keywords are in order: "Information Technology" or "IT Consulting" etc.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Professional Hacker

That's what I'm looking for. I need to figure out what is going to get someone to think about what I do, and why they need me

Old 08-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Where do you plan to get your plate frame? Gunther Gifts makes gorgeous chrome ones. I still have a set for my Ford Escape Hybrid from them (PRICEY and HEAVY if you go for solid chrome one) but beautiful. Their website -> http://www.gunthergifts.com/perlicplatfr.html (no affiliation to them whatsoever except as happy customer)

Mine are hybrid-related and geeky --
Grok Hybrids? (above)
Live Long & Prosper (below)
since I have a Starfleet Academy sticker on the liftgate window, it fits. But I got special plates a year ago to support TX wildlife conservation and the chrome frames cover up the "KEEP TEXAS WILD" text on the plates. Can't have that, since I run a website called WildTexas.com

I have a cheap magnetic strip with my URL that I slap on the vehicle when I want to. Had one stolen before, and am always worried I'll forget it at do-it-yourself carwash when I take it off. :-(

Last edited by GeekGal; 08-03-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Professional Hacker

I was looking at www.autoplates.com at the Solid Brass, Chrome Plated. I'm going to check out the link you posted too.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
0__o

https://www.pidplates.us/html/maker....?branchtype=US

Old 08-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Intrus
If I put "www.IntrusTech.com" on the top...
Just a thought...if you're trying to conserve space and make sure it's readable, I would leave the "www" off. I think most people would be able to make sense out of simply "IntrusTech.com"

As for the bottom, if you've got a slogan for the company, can you consolidate it down to the essence? Or just simply a two or three word description "Specialized IT consulting".

Good luck!