Other Japan is no longer a leader in the auto industry. The EV era changed everything!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Japan is no longer a leader in the auto industry. The EV era changed everything!

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Japan dominates the global market for the current generation of climate-friendly vehicles — gasoline-electric hybrids — and hopes to leverage its huge investment in the technology for as long as possible. That short-term focus, however, leaves the country’s most important industry at risk of missing a transformative moment.

But ready or not, a big wave of electric vehicles is really coming.

The first is Tesla with far-reaching vision. Then there are German, Chinese, Korean car manufacturers... Even a car brand in Southeast Asia like VinFast has planned to electrify the entire car fleet two years ago.

It seems that the position of car manufacturers will change dramatically in the next 5 years

Old 02-22-2022, 02:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Japan is no longer a leader in the auto industry. The EV era changed everything!

Top of the EVs market in the US right now is Tesla, but with their sky-high prices and the quirky designs ^^ for me, it's possible that companies with better pricing strategies can win a piece of cake

Old 02-22-2022, 02:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Japan is no longer a leader in the auto industry. The EV era changed everything!

Car brand in Southeast Asia )), the EVs market is genuinely competitive right now

Old 02-22-2022, 02:08 AM
Enthusiast

Volvo will switch to electric vehicles from 2030, Genesis will only produce electric cars by 2030, Lexus will be a full electric vehicle company from 2035,... We should also gradually learn about electric vehicles and batteries more than internal combustion engines. Everything will quickly move to fully electric in the next few years and fully automatic in the next few decades.

Old 02-22-2022, 02:13 AM
Enthusiast

There's zero chance for ICE cars in Europe in 2030, LOL

Old 02-22-2022, 02:24 AM
Enthusiast

I think so. The EVs market is fk heating up right now. Who knows who will be the leader in the next 5 years

Old 02-22-2022, 02:26 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resnick047
Volvo will switch to electric vehicles from 2030, Genesis will only produce electric cars by 2030, Lexus will be a full electric vehicle company from 2035,... We should also gradually learn about electric vehicles and batteries more than internal combustion engines. Everything will quickly move to fully electric in the next few years and fully automatic in the next few decades.
Agree entirely, EVs are the future, both saving the environment and having an automatic driving mode. That's all i need in a car

Old 02-22-2022, 02:27 AM
Enthusiast

Who is VinFast, will VinFast make a difference from Chinese automakers like Byton or BYD? These automakers aimed at the US market and seem to be going nowhere

Old 02-22-2022, 02:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hughes65_1
Who is VinFast, will VinFast make a difference from Chinese automakers like Byton or BYD? These automakers aimed at the US market and seem to be going nowhere
VF has the advantage in price and warranty. Maybe they can make sth, I heard the pre-order numbers are also huge

Old 02-22-2022, 02:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hughes65_1
I don't know but seems like VF has more potential than the boring Chinese EV, especially in terms of design, I prefer the design of the VF9 over the Chinese EV

Quick Reply: Other Japan is no longer a leader in the auto industry. The EV era changed everything!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands