Help me!!! My hybrid sucks :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Help me!!! My hybrid sucks :(

Hello All,

I have a Honda Civic Hybrid 2003.

I recently took a trip to TN for a weekend as I was halfway my car started acting up. Apparently the transmission censor was bad and it wouldn't let me go. Fast-forward my stepfather replaced the censor and they read the car to see if any codes would pop up (they did it twice and nothing came up). After that I thought it would be fine (nope). My speedometer isn't working but it was working before with the old transmission censor (weird?). The car drives but my speed thing isn't working and my engine light is on and my gear light (when on drive) is blinking still, even if I put it in park the driver light is still on blinking along with and other shift I put it in (reverse, park etc). Again nothing is coming up when the car gets read?. I went to the dealer and he said all I have to do is get another speed censor and everything will be fine. All of my "hybrid" things are not working (charge assist, auto stop, esp light is on,). I am sure something else is wrong and really don't think changing the speed censor will fix it. Am I wrong? You can email me at asturgis91@gmail.com if anyone knows

Old 10-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Help me!!! My hybrid sucks :(

Change the speed sensor after you check to make sure it is plugged up to the wiring harness.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Help me!!! My hybrid sucks :(

Will you PLEASE stop saying "censor"? The word is sensor