At 0 degrees my hybrid doesn't work well

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: At 0 degrees my hybrid doesn't work well

Originally Posted by nash
talk about insane.... Hope no one is smoking when they check his air pressure.

I don't even want to think about what could happen when a shop replaces his tires

That is what youcall liteing up the tyers lol!

Old 12-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by abward
Ummm, is that not a tad bit like driving a car with a bomb on each corner?

I would even be scared that scraping a curb could blow up my car!
Not that dangerous. To ignite, you must have enough oxygen, and an ignition source. Now removing the tire from the rim could cause an explosion if the bead was broken and enough air/propane mixed and the tire iron caused a spark. That is the reason I don't agree with it. But just driving around would not cause a problem. It does save space in his tool box, as all he needs to keep the air in his tires is the small camping propane tanks and a air chuck that fits the tank. It also fill the tire faster as you can fill the tire with liquid propane, and as it expands in the tire it builds pressure faster than a normal air compressor.

He is also the person that has a Polaris Ranger 6x6 that he has mounted several 30 caliber machine guns on, and has a 22LR gatlin gun on it, and brings along a 50 caliber gun for hunting hogs. He just walks to a different beat.

It is fun to shoot a propane tank with the 50 caliber using incenerary rounds though.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry, but this reminds me of a line in a novel I just read.

"What happens when I push this button."

"The Car ejects"

"You mean the seat ejects?"

"No, the car ejects." Hastilly, I removed my finger from the area around the button.

Originally Posted by ag4ever
Not that dangerous. To ignite, you must have enough oxygen, and an ignition source. Now removing the tire from the rim could cause an explosion if the bead was broken and enough air/propane mixed and the tire iron caused a spark. That is the reason I don't agree with it. But just driving around would not cause a problem. It does save space in his tool box, as all he needs to keep the air in his tires is the small camping propane tanks and a air chuck that fits the tank. It also fill the tire faster as you can fill the tire with liquid propane, and as it expands in the tire it builds pressure faster than a normal air compressor.

He is also the person that has a Polaris Ranger 6x6 that he has mounted several 30 caliber machine guns on, and has a 22LR gatlin gun on it, and brings along a 50 caliber gun for hunting hogs. He just walks to a different beat.

It is fun to shoot a propane tank with the 50 caliber using incenerary rounds though.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

When we had all the ice and snow plus temps around 10F my tank avg dropped to 33, now that the snow has melted and temps are 30-40F my current tank is running at 36. Once spring hits I'll probably go back to about 40mpg.