07 TCH With nav & override :-)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default 07 TCH With nav & override :-)

First time poster, first time owner 07 TCH w/nav. But I am familiar with vast amount of information that can be found on news groups. After scouring the news groups for about a week I finally found the v5.1 loading.kwi file and enough information to make a hybrid nav. disc. So last night I stopped on my way home from work and bought a 5 pack of verbatim 8x DVD+R DL Double-Layer Discs with Jewel Cases. I downloaded imgburn to create a iso file. So now I’m ready, I take the DVD from the car and put it in the computer and select all the files and copy them to the hard drive. (About 40 minutes) now I copy the new v5.1 loading.kwi and replace the v6.1 loading.kwi file. With the software imgburn I build a file selecting the files on my hard drive. This will create a .iso file (About 45 minutes). Now I start roxio and select data image burn, and burn disc (About 45 minutes) I put the new DVD in the car and the map pops up this is good news, so I shut off the car and unhook the negative battery cable for at least 5 minutes. Hook the battery back up turn car on. Up on the screen pops a message software loading do not shut off and bam we now have override. Thanks to everyone who has helped figure this out on Greenhybrid.com and Toyotanation.com

Scott

Old 01-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 TCH With nav & override :-)

what dvd drive are you using? one on a laptop?

Old 01-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Dazed and Confused

You don't have to disconnect the battery cable.

You can just pull both fuses for the radio, and it will force the software reload as well. That way you keep all other information the car has learned.

I used a BenQ drive I got from CompUSA, but it is a desktop drive

I could not get my Samsung or Sony drive to work, but the sony drive was a first generation DL drive I got when the first came out (Cost me like $600 at the time, but the BenQ was less than $50.)

Old 01-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

I have a sony notebook vgn-FE550G

Scott

Old 01-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mb190e
First time poster, first time owner 07 TCH w/nav. But I am familiar with vast amount of information that can be found on news groups. After scouring the news groups for about a week I finally found the v5.1 loading.kwi file and enough information to make a hybrid nav. disc. So last night I stopped on my way home from work and bought a 5 pack of verbatim 8x DVD+R DL Double-Layer Discs with Jewel Cases. I downloaded imgburn to create a iso file. So now I’m ready, I take the DVD from the car and put it in the computer and select all the files and copy them to the hard drive. (About 40 minutes) now I copy the new v5.1 loading.kwi and replace the v6.1 loading.kwi file. With the software imgburn I build a file selecting the files on my hard drive. This will create a .iso file (About 45 minutes). Now I start roxio and select data image burn, and burn disc (About 45 minutes) I put the new DVD in the car and the map pops up this is good news, so I shut off the car and unhook the negative battery cable for at least 5 minutes. Hook the battery back up turn car on. Up on the screen pops a message software loading do not shut off and bam we now have override. Thanks to everyone who has helped figure this out on Greenhybrid.com and Toyotanation.com

Scott
Now that you have that disc up and running, is it possible to make copies from it? Might be interesting to some folks.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acco20
Now that you have that disc up and running, is it possible to make copies from it? Might be interesting to some folks.
Best not to. It's copywrighted material.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mb190e
First time poster, first time owner 07 TCH w/nav. But I am familiar with vast amount of information that can be found on news groups. After scouring the news groups for about a week I finally found the v5.1 loading.kwi file and enough information to make a hybrid nav. disc. Scott
Where did you find the file?

Old 02-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

When I first posted my question about how to do an override I got this response. The website where it is seems to have a lot of pop ups which makes me nervous, but here it is. I haven't tried it yet.
http://toyotanation.com/forum/t173730.html

Old 02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Enthusiast

yes that's where I got it from.

Scott

Old 06-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
You don't have to disconnect the battery cable.

You can just pull both fuses for the radio, and it will force the software reload as well. That way you keep all other information the car has learned.

I used a BenQ drive I got from CompUSA, but it is a desktop drive

I could not get my Samsung or Sony drive to work, but the sony drive was a first generation DL drive I got when the first came out (Cost me like $600 at the time, but the BenQ was less than $50.)
Where can i locate the fuses for the radio?

Quick Reply: 07 TCH With nav & override :-)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands