102 days but I finally got my TCH, and just in time

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 102 days but I finally got my TCH, and just in time

This past Saturday, 9/18, we went to pick up our new TCH, finally. We put our order and our deposit down on June 6. It was a long wait but worth it. We got the exact car we wanted and it came before the tax credit deadline.

This will be my primary car (my wife drives the minivan). I took it to work today and I was just in heaven. My commute is mostly 30-40 mph speed limits, and I actually got 46 mpg on the 6 mile trip! We'll see if I can repeat that regularly.

Everything about this car is wonderful, but my 5 favorite things are the hybrid technology, the GPS system, the bluetooth phone, the smartkey system, and the voice commands.

I'll share more as time goes by.

Paul

Old 09-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 102 days but I finally got my TCH, and just in time

Wallpad....Congratulations ... I am sure you will find the wait was worth it. Glad you took delivery before the deadline.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Too Smug

Congratulations! We know how you feel.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 AM
WVGasGuy

This will be my primary car (my wife drives the minivan).

I'm guessing after a few months of the TCH you may be looking to trade the minivan for something like, say an Escape Hybrid! You're going to love it.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! Yes, I am really loving it already. I am so entertained by the Energy and Consumption screens that I haven't even played with the Navigation screen yet, and I am a real GPS geek! We will be taking a trip this weekend though, so I will definitely be trying the GPS out then.

I also haven't even tried a CD yet, or even much radio, because I am so entertained by the energy stuff. Maximizing my MPG is so much fun because it's like a game - you get a lot of feedback from the screens, and you're trying to get a "high score". It's such a blast.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:34 AM
WVGasGuy

I also haven't even tried a CD yet, or even much radio, because I am so entertained by the energy stuff.

Ahhh, but there is nothing more relaxing than watching your energy screen with your favorite music blasting away while you glide down the road.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Oh yes, there's just so much joy to be had with this car I can't take it all in at once! I've been focusing on the energy stuff for now. But I still look forward to the stereo, the navigation, the voice commands, etc. I will be exploring and enjoyiong all of it!

Old 09-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You guys are making all of us with the non-NAV version extremely depressed.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:28 AM
WVGasGuy

Oh yes, there's just so much joy to be had with this car I can't take it all in at once!

You need the personalized liscense place "CARGASM"

Quick Reply: 102 days but I finally got my TCH, and just in time

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands