Alram system

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Default Alram system

I am wondering if my hybrid camry 2007 has alarm system or not, so if someone try to open it or break it, the alarm will be fired. I tried the following scenario, i closed the car while the window is open, the remote control is away and i tried to open the car and it is opened!, i think the alarm should be fired in this case if it is exist

Old 04-23-2010, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Alram system

If the window is open, why do you think the doors should be locked????

You need to seriously think about the questions you ask......

Old 04-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
If the window is open, why do you think the doors should be locked????

You need to seriously think about the questions you ask......
I think he was just trying to test it. By locking the car with the windows open, he could reach in thru the open window, open the door, and see if the alarm sounded. At least I think that's what was on his mind.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:44 AM

D.O., that's a surefire way to set off an alarm. And beats busting a window

To the OP, it sounds like you don't have an alarm, from your experiment. Do you have the Owner's Manual? The alarm (if it exists) should be explained in there.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 AM

As far as I know alarm is paid option on TCH and does not come factory standard, so unless it is listed on the invoice, the car does not have alarm, albeit this is not entirely true. The truth is TCH has build in all the elements of the alarm: It has sensors to know when the door or trunk is opened, it has remote control to open doors from the distance (disable alarm) and even has sound making device (not very loud, but it's there and it could be easily upgraded for couple $$). Despite all this, to have alarm on TCH, Toyota requires you to buy their dedicated and quiet expensive (for what it provides) separate alarm system. Right at the beginning when I got my car, I was thinking of somehow using the existing sensors to trigger some sort of alarm, but I quickly gave up on the idea as too complex, not enough published info about TCH computer system.