auto insurance shopping tip for TCH 07?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default auto insurance shopping tip for TCH 07?

my auto insurance cost is increasing only becos i filed a comprehensive claim with ALL STATE about 2 years ago. it shows as no fault accident which was explained to me as the COMP claim i filed.
it was not any other accidents, i never had collision claims.

I now have AMERI PRISE insurance, I found very bad reveiws about this company, so trying to switch to to a different reputable company, but prices at GEICO, STATE FARM, TRAVELERS are all much higher, the high price reason is, that COMP CLAIM i filed with ALLSTATE 2 years ago.

is there any thing i can do to get that record removed from my auto insurance record, so i can get insurance for decent price?

without that record, i can get insurance for about $500 for 6 months, but due to that COMP CLAIM record, 6 months price comes to over $700.

MY DRIVING RECORD IS VERY CLEAN, no tickets or accidents, plus I drive less than 2-3 miles daily only.

my car is TCH 07. when i shop for auto insurance, it asks what safe device u have on ur car,

what and how many are there?

Please advice me on auto insurance buying tips,

how much do u pay with whom.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: auto insurance shopping tip for TCH 07?

Call your insurance company and ask what discounts are available. There might be some you are not getting, they have a long list.
Take the online defensive driver's course and you'll get an additional discount (if the carrier accepts it, they should).
Multi-line discounts help (that is, add your homeowners, if you are one, to the carrier).

Old 02-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Enthusiast

Give Amica a try. They're great. As the other poster said, the defensive driving course is good for a 3 year discount, and their advice on multiple policies is also a good one. Also consider your deductibles, the premium for a $500 deductible, vs. a $1,000 deductible can be significantly different.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Enthusiast

If you give your pm i will refer my agent to solve this issue.
Thanks...........

Old 02-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

how much r u guys paying for 6 months for ur auto insurance?

Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 AM

There are many factors that can also add to the rate/discount
Age of drivers
5 years of no claims
Education (yes, people with college or master's degrees will pay less)
Amount of driving (length of commute)
Location (you can't compare auto insurance from some in NJ to say someone in Hawaii)
Nature of employment
Multicar (or as said earlier) multiline coverage

I think it's safe to say no two people in the country will pay the same amount.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

We have 4 vehicles insured, and the 07TCH is the cheapest one, despite having the highest value. We have 4 drivers, too, and that has an even bigger impact, but we ran all the possible combinations of assigning drivers to cars, and the TCH is cheapest to insure. Not sure why that is, since the repair costs would be high, I'd think. Perhaps hybrid vehicles have a very low accident rate because people tend to drive them more carefully while playing the max-MPG game?

Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Could also be the car attracts more experienced, safer drivers. For example I don't think I would go for TCH if and when right out of high school as a first ever car. I would also not get TCH if most of driving consisted sunday morning church run. I'm sure standard traction/stability control could be playing some role as well. Never the less I'm also surprised, considering how expensive it is to fix the hybrid components.

Originally Posted by pajasper
We have 4 vehicles insured, and the 07TCH is the cheapest one, despite having the highest value. We have 4 drivers, too, and that has an even bigger impact, but we ran all the possible combinations of assigning drivers to cars, and the TCH is cheapest to insure. Not sure why that is, since the repair costs would be high, I'd think. Perhaps hybrid vehicles have a very low accident rate because people tend to drive them more carefully while playing the max-MPG game?