Camry "Bonnet" Protector

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Camry "Bonnet" Protector

Toyota Australia makes a great bug deflector and covers for for those expensive headlights. I guess bombing down those Outback gravel roads makes these necessary but I could sure use the bug deflector here in the South. Check it out.

Also look at the Toyota Global site to view what the Camrys look like in Southeast Asia and China. Remember that Camrys can cost much much more in these countries.

http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehi...6_1272,00.html

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/index.html

Last edited by Al Froio; 07-09-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Camry "Bonnet" Protector

You can get clear plastic paint protector glued on top of the hood, which should help a little . For some reason mine has this plastic glued on top of rear bumper and side mirrors. I think most of the crap would land on front bumper so I'm thinking to apply this plastic film there and front of the hood. I also cut out piece of plastic screen door mesh and put it inside, in front of radiator to catch all the crap before it gets lodged between radiator fins, it doesn't seem to be affecting cooling much but it keeps the radiator look like new and all I need to do is to take out the screen, blow air it and put it back. I drove once (in different car) into butterfly migration and I could never get all that crap from between the radiator fins and I believe little overheating in very hot weather in slow traffic was at least partially due to that.