Canadian Federal Tax Credit - Anybody Knows?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Canadian Federal Tax Credit - Anybody Knows?

...how to apply for it? Searched long and wide, nothing...
I am talking about the tax credit for fuel efficient vehicles, introduced in the last fedreal budget.

Would be nice to get some extra cash...

Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Canadian Federal Tax Credit - Anybody Knows?

It's called the EcoAuto program, and it's found here:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/programs/environ...rt/ecoauto.htm

Note that although the program applies to vehicles purchased since March 20, they still don't have the application process running. We just have to sit and wait <sigh>. Save your receipt.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast

Steinbock, You can forget the $1500 that the Canadian Gov't promised under the EcoAuto program as imported vehicles from the US of A are not allowed under this program. Have already written to the minister responsible for this program and await his reasoning?
PM me your e mail address and we can talk. voodoo

Old 09-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmorrow
It's called the EcoAuto program, and it's found here:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/programs/environ...rt/ecoauto.htm

Note that although the program applies to vehicles purchased since March 20, they still don't have the application process running. We just have to sit and wait <sigh>. Save your receipt.
I talked to Transport Canada yesterday and they said it may not be till December 2007 before we see the paperwork available. Our federal government in action!!

Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Canadian Federal Tax Credit - Anybody Knows?

Originally Posted by voodoo
Steinbock, You can forget the $1500 that the Canadian Gov't promised under the EcoAuto program as imported vehicles from the US of A are not allowed under this program. Have already written to the minister responsible for this program and await his reasoning?
I called the EcoAuto, and asked why cars imported from USA not getting the rebate, while on the other hand they charge green levy.
I was assured that new cars will be eligible, not the used as they have already collected tax rebate for the used in US. I didnt believed him, and still bought the car, as I saved lot already by importing, and got the Nav unit too.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Hello Crasher, Interesting because the program states and I quote "Vehicles imported from the United States are not eligible for the ecoAUTO Rebate Program. Only vehicles that have been purchased or leased (12 months or more) in Canada on or after March 20th, 2007 are eligible for the rebate. Good luck. The gov't has no problem collecting the provincial taxes and the federal GST (paid just like someone who purchased a hybrid vehicle in Canada ) I thought the intent of this was to encourage Canadians to buy fuel-efficient vehicles and to protect the environment, or is it to protect the Canadian Automobile dealers who have been ripping the Canadian consumers off for years?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by voodoo
Voodoo, what can I say...

May I should sell my misaligned 50th ...
oh well....

Old 09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

What about the provincial rebate? I submitted mine(ontario) last week, did anyone got the cheque? I know that they are quick in mailing cheques for the Canadian purchase. With our $ at par with US$, I am tempted to buy one more.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crasher
What about the provincial rebate? I submitted mine(ontario) last week, did anyone got the cheque? I know that they are quick in mailing cheques for the Canadian purchase. With our $ at par with US$, I am tempted to buy one more.
I just sent mine in last week too. Where in Ontario are you?

Old 09-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast

I bought my car in June. Send them the very first day and got my cheque in 3 weeks time.

Quick Reply: Canadian Federal Tax Credit - Anybody Knows?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands