Canadian TCH Price Drop!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Canadian TCH Price Drop!

Toyota Canada has just released the 2009 Camry pricing.

For the Hybrid, a power moonroof is now standard along with its lower pricing.

The base TCH now starts at $30,660.

The "Premium Package with Navigation" now costs $34,780.

It includes the leather seats, power passenger seat, heated front seat and navigation system. (no word on whether it includes the hybrid system information).

Also note that the colour palette has shrunk. There's no Blue Ribbon Metallic nor Barcelona Red Pearl.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Camry Freak
Default Re: Canadian TCH Price Drop!

Wow, I'm surprised. Barcelona Red and Blue Ribbon Metallic are very popular colors- at least here in the U.S.

I'm also suprised that they made the moonroof standard equipment. It's nice that they dropped the price a bit (hopefully to adjust for the weak U.S. dollar)- but they still have a bit lower to go. Using a currency converter- a 'base" Canadian Camry Hybrid goes for $32,000 (CAN). A U.S. version with similar equipment goes for about $28,200. (U.S.)... which converted into Canadian currency is $28,200 (CAN).

(I used Yahoo's currency converter)

I hope they drop it a bit more for you guys. It's not very fair that you should have to pay more for the same car.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Toyota for some reason have high prices in Canada? When I purchased my first hybrid I was in the process of purchasing a Prius but I decided to try a HCH2 out first and also looked at the TCH. In the end I took the HCH2. The Honda was $5000 lower price than a Prius with the same options. This was not the reason for the purchase the HCH, but it is a big difference. I am not sure if it is still that way in Can.? In the US they are a similar price? H

Old 02-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 07CamHybrid
Wow, I'm surprised. Barcelona Red and Blue Ribbon Metallic are very popular colors- at least here in the U.S.

I'm also suprised that they made the moonroof standard equipment. It's nice that they dropped the price a bit (hopefully to adjust for the weak U.S. dollar)- but they still have a bit lower to go. Using a currency converter- a 'base" Canadian Camry Hybrid goes for $32,000 (CAN). A U.S. version with similar equipment goes for about $28,200. (U.S.)... which converted into Canadian currency is $28,200 (CAN).

(I used Yahoo's currency converter)

I hope they drop it a bit more for you guys. It's not very fair that you should have to pay more for the same car.
Yes but after the rebates they're pretty much on par.

Looking at a loaded TCH (easier to compare). $31,200 or thereabouts for the US model. $34,680 for the Canadian model, so there's a $3,480 difference. The PST applies to both so that's nullified. The EcoAuto rebate can be applied to the Canadian model only and not imported models so that's $1,500 off. RIV fee is $200. So about $1,700 left? Better than $8,000.

Originally Posted by Harold
Toyota for some reason have high prices in Canada? When I purchased my first hybrid I was in the process of purchasing a Prius but I decided to try a HCH2 out first and also looked at the TCH. In the end I took the HCH2. The Honda was $5000 lower price than a Prius with the same options. This was not the reason for the purchase the HCH, but it is a big difference. I am not sure if it is still that way in Can.? In the US they are a similar price? H
The Prius is now $29,500 with extra equipment (16" alloys, extended spoiler, foglights, alarm, auto-dimming mirror and Homelink). HCH-II is about $26,200. The Prius gets $2,000 back from the PST. The HCH-II gets $1,400 or whatever the PST is on that vehicle.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:14 PM

Btw, anyone know if the Canadian factory nav comes with the hybrid system stuff?

Old 02-19-2008, 05:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
Btw, anyone know if the Canadian factory nav comes with the hybrid system stuff?
If it does, I think that may give the rest of us Canadians w/ NAV some room to argue for replacements.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by rmorrow
If it does, I think that may give the rest of us Canadians w/ NAV some room to argue for replacements.
True. But it's factory equipped down (probably explains the price drop) vs. dealer-installed but at least now you guys may have a choice to get the part (esp. those that had their nav removed because it didn't come with the hybrid system information).

Old 02-21-2008, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I think it does come with the hybrid system information.

The 2009 brochure shows "The available information screen show how Hybrid Synergy Drive manages the flow of energy in your Camry Hybrid"