Crazy question... but I hope not too crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Crazy question... but I hope not too crazy!

Does anyone happen to know exactly what kind of leather they put in the fully loaded TCH? I couldn't find this info anywhere and I just wanna know

Old 10-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Crazy question... but I hope not too crazy!

I'm not sure what kind but my leather package (didn't get fully loaded TCH) has nice, textured leather.

I like it better than my 2000 Camry XLE's leather which was smoother (more slippery) and not as durable seeming.

I know this totally doesn't help!

Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I'm not sure what kind but my leather package (didn't get fully loaded TCH) has nice, textured leather.

I like it better than my 2000 Camry XLE's leather which was smoother (more slippery) and not as durable seeming.

I know this totally doesn't help!
I think you're on to something. I believe there are at least two possible grades of leather...at least that's how I understood it at my July 2007 purchase time. Factory leather was about $1300 MSRP at the alternative at the time was Port Installed Leather a/k/a "Liquicell" which is actually a padding/comfort technology. (Google it and you'll find some links to the padding technology manufacturer such as www.liquicell.com

Completely subjective but the factory leather was closer to a smoother leather described above and like I had in my 1993 Camry V6XLE. Totally subjective but I prefer the Liquicell version for comfort, look and feel, so I chose it for my TCH. It had a slightly higher MSRP but my dealer was accomodating. Ultimately, it is purely subjective. I'm in the Southeast Toyota Distributor's zone....so it's possible that the Port installed leather (Liquicell) is a regional thing.

No idea whether Toyota has changed things for 2008. Hopefully, some others will post. Good luck and let us know how you make out/what you choose.

PS: After my post I looked further further...I should note that my seats aren't heated and there are probably opinions on that with the Liquicell technology. Also, for some of the alternative subjective views I mentioned see this other thread in these forums: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ed-japan-9551/

Last edited by wdmark; 10-28-2007 at 09:04 PM. Reason: ADD PS
Old 10-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Corinthian??

Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by n8kwx
Corinthian??
Where is Ricardo Moltalban now we need him?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corinthian_leather for the truth about Corinthian leather.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know if its man-made leather?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ModelinaHybrid
Does anyone know if its man-made leather?
No. It's not man-made leather. And the kind of leather you get depends on where you live and what you ordered on your car. If you live in the Southeast you will probably get aftermarket leather provided by the distributor. It's actually ok. I have it in my TCH. If you order the car with sunroof, nav, and heated seats it will come with factory leather. If the passenger seat is powered, you got factory leather; if not, it's aftermarket leather installed at the 'port'