Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

the tsb is for the japanese built model. Mine is American made and the tsb fix has already been done at the factory.
Had a good talk with the Hybrid mechanic and I feel better about the car.
He says thes brakes would stop a Mack truck. Pads should last about 50,000 miles because they are hard and the reason for the squeak.
Toyota knows about this problem and they are working on a fix.
He also said if I have somone install fog lights and dont splice into any existing wires, take power directly from the battery; the charging system should be able to handle the load.
If we splice any wires the affected equipment warranty would be voided only. Not the entire warranty.
Connicelli Toyota Conshohocken, Pa is a nice place to do business

PS I bought my 32,300.00 50th anniv Camry hybrid for 29,700.00 without any back room games, salesman brought me directly to the manager. No high prep or document fees either.

I love this car.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MickeysPal
I've added:
  • back up camera
  • Park Pilot
  • chrome handles
  • chrome grille enhancements
  • chrome door sills
  • Rear bumper applique
  • Color keyed side moldings
  • Color keyed mud flaps
  • All weather mats
  • Side view mirror add-on
Here's a couple pictures...

Waay cool! How'd you get the colour-keyed mudguards? Spray them yourself?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Enthusiast

Please tell me where you got the back up camera and color keyed mudflaps installed. Do the sylvania silverstars help much? I would like either an HID headlight upgrade or fog lights; lots of deer around here. What is JDM Prius interior footwell lighting? Does the back up camera display on your navigation screen?
I think a Lexus sharkfin antenna would make the car look more upscale and up to date, makes them look fast like a bmw.
Have you thought about horizontal stabilizers fotr cornering? If I knew where to get them I would.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
Readily available on EBay.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
Thanks!

My mudguards (and side moldings) were installed at the port by Southeast Toyota before I took delivery of the car. They are available as an accessory from Toyota dealers. Deland Toyota/Scion (Florida) is one of many dealers that sells but they them on eBay.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrpat0038
Please tell me where you got the back up camera and color keyed mudflaps installed. Do the sylvania silverstars help much? I would like either an HID headlight upgrade or fog lights; lots of deer around here. What is JDM Prius interior footwell lighting? Does the back up camera display on your navigation screen?
I think a Lexus sharkfin antenna would make the car look more upscale and up to date, makes them look fast like a bmw.
Have you thought about horizontal stabilizers fotr cornering? If I knew where to get them I would.
I had the camera (Fujitsu Ten, Eclipse BEC-105) installed by a local car audio place (refer to this link). The camera output is displayed on the Nav screen when the TCH is put into reverse.

Perhaps Tidelands-Prius can help with the question re the silverstars & footwell lighting.

My wife says I drive my TCH like an old foggy, so I don't think I need horizontal stabilizers.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I added the sliding armrest to my TCH.
It makes a big difference to me on longer trips.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by mrpat0038
Do the sylvania silverstars help much? I would like either an HID headlight upgrade or fog lights; lots of deer around here. What is JDM Prius interior footwell lighting? Does the back up camera display on your navigation screen?

The Silverstars are pretty good but they suck when the road's wet and it's dark. (for whatever reason, they just can't light up the wet black surface). Otherwise, they're bright and white. Because I'm in Canada, I have DRLs and on the Prius, it's the same bulb for DRL, low and high. This might explain why my Silverstars burned out under a year.

Yeah a sharkfin antenna would look nice. They're US$70 at the PriusChat Accessory Store.

Here are some pics of the JDM interior footwell lighting. The JDM Camry ones are blue. Click to enlarge. They fade out 15 seconds after the dome lights fade out (so it's kinda cool when it's dark and there's just the green glow.

Driver's side

Passenger's side

Both sides

Sorry for the grainy appearance of the photos. I'm not sure how to best capture night/dark pictures. I'm using an Olympus digital camera with 3.1MP and no flash of course.

and no, I'm not considering front strut tower bars. Replacing my underbody brace might help more with regards to stability.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by MickeysPal
Thanks!

My mudguards (and side moldings) were installed at the port by Southeast Toyota before I took delivery of the car. They are available as an accessory from Toyota dealers. Deland Toyota/Scion (Florida) is one of many dealers that sells but they them on eBay.
ahh... I'll see if I can get a set if my dad gets a TCH. They really look nice. I thought the days of colour-keyed mudguards were gone because I've yet to see one that matches the design of the car (someone did a Prius one and his/her car was silver. It looked ok but the Prius mudguards are pretty long)

Old 06-07-2007, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by john312
I added the sliding armrest to my TCH.
It makes a big difference to me on longer trips.
from the XLE model? how'd you do that?

Quick Reply: Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands