Dash Misalignment at the Corners

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: Dash Misalignment at the Corners

Wow, I did not see where it was up an inch.

Mine is up about 1/8" of an inch +/- a little bit.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Dash Misalignment at the Corners

Originally Posted by MFLetou
Hey--
Not sure if I'll be able to post a pic anytime soon, but here's my update--

Spoke to the service manager (this is a very high volume Northern VA Toyota dealership). He said that they have had complaints about this and took apart an entire vent unit and dash to see if they could find a cause. They can't.

They estimate that MOST new Camry's have this problem. There might be a few that don't, but sure enough, I went and looked at their new inventory and every single camry I looked at it--be it Hybrid, XLE or otherwise--had the same non-flushed look by the drivers side vent. Some were more pronounced than others.

As of now, it is within Toyota's norms for the part. It may expand or contract a little due to temperature. There is not a TSB on this and it has not been corrected at production, meaning that current 07 Camry's are being shipped with the same problem. We'll have to see what the 08s look like.

So for now, live with it is the only answer. If there is a fix, than we'll have to see.
Must have been built in 10 aaaahhhaaa C lol