Did your Dealer tell you how to drive a HYBRID?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Did your Dealer tell you how to drive a HYBRID?

No. It's just like any other car but it gets better gas mileage would sum up the sage advice and counsel I recieved... In a sense that is a true statement as if you chose to ignore the technology it will operate anyway...

Old 04-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

They are auto salespeople and know some basics of the hybrid. The saleslady did urge me to stay below 40 on a downhill stretch of road in the city. She wanted to demonstrate how quiet the car is in the EV mode. She seemed impressed that I knew how to get it into the EV mode on a level road. The battery was charged about 70% and that made it easy to do.

She did have me pull up to a rather steep 200 foot long drive entrance to a Imax theater. I turned the car around and she had me stop, then place in the lever to the Brake position. It was like gearing down in Low gear to me. She said doing it this way builds up the battery quicker.

I could not get over how easy the steering was. I had a quality air gauge in my car. I measured 42 psi as the Energy tires on the TCH were still warm from the test drive.

I do remember asking the lady how many readouts are they on the display. She said a few. The '06 Ford 500 I traded had about 4. I had driven the TCH enough to try punching the DSP button after she told me where it was. My wife rode in the front seat. I think I counted over 6 displays in all.

I occasionally see the sales lady and sometimes the sales manager in town. They usually ask, how I like my car or what kind of gas mileage am I getting.

Last edited by rburt07; 04-05-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:57 AM

Like with any other profession, half of the individuals are above average (in terms of knowledge about their product) and half are below average.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 AM

I did have a few questions about the new TCH. I called the sales manager both times. Once he had to ask the service dept. The other he forwarded me to the toyota tech.

I can understand the TCH being different it's harder to get all the details over a standard gas powered car.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by seaford
May be a strange question BUT without this board I never would of heard of hybrid driving tips. No one at dealership mentioned HOW to drive to get max mileage.....just curious....LOVE my car but want to get more than 34mph from it....Have about 3200 miles on it so far....
My dealer knew nothing about the car. Well, they did know about the FOB's operation. I feel they should know more about the hybrids than they do. But since I did all of my own research and found this great forum a few months prior to purchase, I was fully versed.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

The first dealer I went to told me that there is no black for TCH when I asked for one. So I left and bought a black TCH from another dealer.
It's sad to see that the salesperson just want to sell cars and don't even bother learning about what they're selling.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by JamiEimaj
The first dealer I went to told me that there is no black for TCH when I asked for one. So I left and bought a black TCH from another dealer.
It's sad to see that the salesperson just want to sell cars and don't even bother learning about what they're selling.
I had that same problem when I first went in to place an order in Jan 2007.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Enthused Driver

I can't imagine Sales reps like this can last very long these days. Most customers are well informed when they enter a dealership so they know when someone isn't as informed as they are.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I had that same problem when I first went in to place an order in Jan 2007.
Oh.. I forgot to mention: After he told me Toyota don't make black TCH, I asked for a PC with internet and showed him that I can build a black TCH on Toyota's website. Then, he went to ask his manager again and brought back the TCH brochure to show me that black is not available for TCH.
And asked me if I would like a mag gray one??

Old 04-08-2008, 11:50 AM

Oh.. I forgot to mention: After he told me Toyota don't make black TCH, I asked for a PC with internet and showed him that I can build a black TCH on Toyota's website. Then, he went to ask his manager again and brought back the TCH brochure to show me that black is not available for TCH.
And asked me if I would like a mag gray one??
lol ... jeez. Mine at least checked and said, "yup, we can."

Quick Reply: Did your Dealer tell you how to drive a HYBRID?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands