That #@$&*#@% Dinger

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default That #@$&*#@% Dinger

Does anyone know where that frikking dinger is in these cars???

I've reached my limit with the Nanny Camry. Can't stand it another moment. I'm going to find it, then crush it, then destroy it with fire.

It is somewhere up under the dash.

Anyone???

Thanks.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: That #@$&*#@% Dinger

I don't know where it is but I hope you find it and if you do please, please, "p l e a s e" don't keep the location a secret. I hate that thing.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just curious: what exactly is this, and what triggers it?

Old 04-06-2010, 07:37 PM

Seat Belt not on >12mph, seat belt not on, even when stopped, after prior warning. Door opened before power switched off. Plus a few others. Today, I hit my limit. The problem is fixed.

See update post. (caution, it was written by a temporarily ugly American, apologies in advance.)

Old 04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
lzc
Active Enthusiast

The dealer can program some of those annoying dings to annoy less often. I had them reprogram the climate system to be a little less automatic and the seat belt dings to ding a lot less.

I forget where I found the information on just what they could and couldn't reprogram. It helped to be able to tell them exactly what I wanted.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:23 PM

Both Claremont Toyota and Clown Toyota refused to alter the chime citing "Liability". Even the stuff the would change is 115 bucks minimum, per change. Bah on them!

I just pulled in to the Crowne Plaza in San Diego 30 minutes ago. I rolled unbelted from the check in desk through the guarded lot entrance, and all the way back to my room. This is huge in my life right now. Finally having SOME control authority over the vehicle I pay so much for each month. Ha! And I opened the door with car still on because I was still on the phone overhead. And I wasn't harassed then either.