Does your TCH always start when you push the button?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does your TCH always start when you push the button?

Originally Posted by Pete4
I think this might be a bug in the software, that you can take the car out of park, before the system boots up, which will stop the whole start up process and you need to do the whole thing again. Unless it's a feature, most cars have override to take the car out of parking when battery is dead, so you can tow it. The TCH manual mentions something about that as well, but I can't find it if my life depended on it, so maybe this is a way to over ride parking lock even if the system is not booting up for one reason or the other. But that still doesn't solve the problem what to do if the battery is totally dead and you need to put the car in neutral to tow it. There seems to be little hole in the center console that looks like park override but it seems to be non functional.
There is a removeable cover (a small one) that I think is on the upper surface of the shifter cover - maybe at the top of the P-R-N-D-B lettering. If you push something down into the hole created by popping that cover out, you will disengage the shifter lockout.