Door Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Door Armrest

Does anyone know if there is a part that can be purchased for a leather door armrest instead of the cloth one?

I got my '09 TCH with leather installed at the port (not at the factory) and one of the differences between port vs. factory installed is the door has the fabric arm rest at the port and a leather arm rest from the factory. I've had the car for about 6 weeks and the fabric is already starting to wear on that arm rest on the driver's door.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Door Armrest

As I understand it, dealerships contract with businesses that specialize in after market enhancements to upholsterer the seats with leather. Many of these guys do change the door panels as well, I am not sure why yours did not. You should complain to the dealership, at the very least perhaps they can offer you a reasonable price to have the job finished. If not, just contact the shop that did the work for the dealer and have them do it for you.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

TCH's in the SouthEast that came from Japan normally had leather installed at 'the port' unless you got the car fully loaded[nav,sunroof, etc] And that meant leather door panels too. That's how mine is. Maybe your distributor decided to save a few bucks.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
it's just a car...

I got the aftermarket leather which included the door panels. You should have gotten them.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Enthusiast

Mine was installed by Gulf States Toyota (the distributor in Houston, TX). I did ask the dealer when I purchased the car if it came with leather on the door and he did say yes, but it was one of those questions I asked in passing. Mainly because I had noticed that the port installed leather option didn't say that it included it while the factory installed option does say that.

The kicker is the port installed leather is more expensive.

I guess I might have to swing by one day and talk with him, although I don't think much will come out of it.