Door Sill Enhanments - $40 on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Door Sill Enhanments - $40 on eBay

Originally Posted by jbollt
I ordered these as well, and they arrived today! They do look very nice.

Queston to Walt "Mickeyspal"....did you have any fitment issues? It seems that the first one I have installed. driver's door, is not attached real tightly by the doublestick tape. Perhaps they just need to be "shaped" a little before installation?

Thanks for your post recommending them! I am very glad I boght them, they look real nice!
Jeff, I didn't have any problems with the fit.

When I first took them out of the package I was a little concerned as they did not lay flat. They had a slight upward curve. When I installed them, it was apparent that the curve was intentional, to fit the shape of the sill.

I checked the fit before exposing the double stick tape and found that 'sliding' them into position seemed to work the best (e.g., holding them just over and to outside of the sill, and then sliding them toward the center of the car, until they rested tightly against the side of the plastic sill). Once they were in place, I pressed them down for about a minute to make sure that they 'stuck' down.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've installed all 4 of the sills, and they look great! A nice upgrade. Now I have to fight the ugre to open the doors while I am driving to see the sills! LOL

Old 03-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Well, add me to the list. I just ordered my dooor sills! (my first TCH mod)

Old 03-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Enthusiast

I put them on last week and love the way they look but the driver side door popped off in the cold. I don't think the tape made good connection even though I prepped them. Any thoughts on how to secure them better?

Old 03-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by jvmpc
I put them on last week and love the way they look but the driver side door popped off in the cold. I don't think the tape made good connection even though I prepped them. Any thoughts on how to secure them better?
BUMMER! Can you pull the old tape off and apply some new double-sided 3-M tape?

Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Enthusiast

That the game plan...I opened the door to show off the new look to my wife and it fell off at my feet . She was laughing already about the 30 dollar shipping

Old 03-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Door Sill Enhanments - $40 on eBay

That the game plan...I opened the door to show off the new look to my wife and it fell off at my feet . She was laughing already about the 30 dollar shipping
What was the temperature when you installed them? If I remember right, the installation instructions specified at least 60F.

I haven't had any problems with mine, and they have been installed for over a month.

If needed, you should be able to get some additional mounting tape at your local auto parts store (e.g., AutoZone sells 3M(TM) Scotch Mount(TM) Molding Tape, .5 in x 5 ft, Part No.:3609NA for $4.99).

Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Enthusiast

Yes it probably was the temp. Thanks for the suggestion

Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast

Yes it probably was the temp. Thanks for the suggestion

Take a hair dryer and heat the surface after cleaning it real good with alcohaul and then heat the sill plate also before pulling orange tape off.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Enthusiast

These lighted ones, are there electrical contacts ready for them, or... ?

Quick Reply: Door Sill Enhanments - $40 on eBay

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands