Driver's Side Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Electricity Guzzler
Default Driver's Side Carpet

I've been meaning to post this for a month now. Please check your hycam and tell me what you think. On mine. The driver's side carpet seems a little short. It's definintely shorter than on the passenger side. I've never seen a car that has the carpet not go "all the way up".

My carpet looks like it needs another 5 inches to it. From outside of your car look above the "go pedal". My carpet seems like they should have cut it longer. Is this only my car? I'd love to get some feedback on this.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:45 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Driver's Side Carpet

I see what you mean. The passenger side carpet goes up to as far as I can see whereas on the drivers side it stops at the mount point of the pedal and loops underneath the round thing (steering column? hard for me to see). I would never have noticed it myself, I had to stick my head right under there to see it.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast

I noticed the same thing. At first I thought they were trying to sell me carpet for an old model or something. But I looked at it closer...it is one of those stupid safety things to keep it away from your pedal. (Combined with the floor clips.)

Old 07-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I guess I will have to break down and install those cheesy little clips on my drivers side carpet.. Due to this smaller size, it seems like it keeps wanting to climb the firewall. Geez, I just realized you don't hear that much about a car anymore. No I wasn't talking about internet security.
I just tossed those clips into the glove box. But have noticed significant 'carpet drift' without using them.. Seems like there would be a better way, but I will probably break down and use them anyway.
What have others done with these things?

Old 07-05-2006, 07:53 AM
WVGasGuy

I use the heavy all weather mats and have not noticed this as an issue.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Oh, I didn't notice the clips were "installable", I thought they were part of the frame or something. The dealer must have installed mine for me.

I have the regular mats installed with all weather ones thrown on top of them.