Dual exhaust on a TCH

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Dual exhaust on a TCH

Anybody added dual exhaust on a TCH without buying one of the after market kits with dual cutouts? I want to add another exhaust tip, functional or not, don't matter to me. Just really like the look of duals. How did you cut out the left side? Where did you get the exhaust tip to match the OEM one?

Frank

Old 11-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Dual exhaust on a TCH

Frank,

There is one guy at ToyotaNation that added a fake dual exhaust on his hybrid. He added a body kit to the car and wanted the SE "look". You might be able to add a SE bumper cover and take the car to a muffler shop to add a fake or functional exhaust tip to match or replace the factory look.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I added the Razzi kit to my TCH and it has the two cutouts. To cut the existing body, to allow me to install the fake exhaust tip on the drivers side, I used tin snips. Made a very nice cut in the original plastic bumper. The instructions said to use a utility knife. I thought that would be too hard to control, the tin snips did a great job. I also thought about a hole saw, decided the tin snips would do better.

FYI, you can buy the Razzi body kit as seperate pieces. Just the front, either side or just the back.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Forgot to mention the tips I installed I got from Razzi also. I had to remove the original tip and install both I purchased from Razzi. Slightly different shape than the OEM, more oval.