Is the edmunds TMV for TCH real?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Is the edmunds TMV for TCH real?

I noticed that edmunds.com has a TMV that's about 2 thou above MSRP for a loaded TCH. I just can't believe people are willing to pay that much. It kept going up steadily since early June when I started shopping arround for one. If that figure is not true I wonder where does it come from? (these are the kind of questions that keep me from falling asleep at night...)

Old 08-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is the edmunds TMV for TCH real?

Unfortunatelly, people do not have patience and buy paying MSRP or more w/o even doing research... and therefore one of the factors the price stays high...

As an FYI, I have ordered mine via fitzmall and it will take up to 4 months and will pay OTD $30,500 (edmunds states $32,703 w/o even TTL... it is crazy...) with the following options:

CQ (Convenience Pkg)
SR (Moon Roof)
CF (Carpet Mats and Trunk Mats)
MG3 (Color-keyed Mud Guards)
NV (Navigation System)
LA (Seat Trim Leather Surfaced)
WL (Wheel Locks)

Sounds pretty good deal to me, but it is not done yet...

Old 08-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by agnosto
Unfortunatelly, people do not have patience and buy paying MSRP or more w/o even doing research... and therefore one of the factors the price stays high...
Maybe some take in account the 2,600 tax credit if buying before end of September. Curious see what will happen starting October. Although the Prius was going for above MSRP for a while before the tax credit kicked in this year.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Nah, Edmunds TMV is always on crack. I've never paid anything close to Edmunds TMV for every car, including this one. I paid $900 under MSRP BEFORE the tax credit for my TCH from Fitzmall.

The other dealers in the area are at MSRP. I have a friend who bought one in MA for $800 under MSRP. So, I have a hard time believing Edmunds TMV.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have to agree that Edmonds is off on this. I paid MSRP, but it's not like I had to negotiate to do that. Both dealerships I dealt with were charging that without any negotiation.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Edmunds is higher than the price I agreed to at the dealership. Made me feel better about paying msrp for the first time in my car buying life.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I have to agree that Edmonds is off on this.
And still - when I was looking around back in June there were a couple of dealers asking for at least 1000 above and not budging. An example is Toyota of Dallas-1,200 above MSRP and when I asked why so much I was told because the demand is too high and many customers are willing to pay. Another trick I came around: dealers are luring customers onto their lots by having hybrids shown on their online inventory as being in stock when there is actually none on the lot. Another trick: although quite a few may sell at MSRP, their MSRP includes options that the customer doesn't want but has to pay for them (remote start for about $500 comes to mind). My dealer sold me the loaded TCH at MSRP and delivered the car I wanted in four weeks. But many people out there may not be so "lucky"?!

Old 08-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I paid 1000 below MSRP and got trade for my TL. I did haggle some.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:30 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by lovekills
I noticed that edmunds.com has a TMV that's about 2 thou above MSRP for a loaded TCH. I just can't believe people are willing to pay that much. It kept going up steadily since early June when I started shopping arround for one. If that figure is not true I wonder where does it come from? (these are the kind of questions that keep me from falling asleep at night...)
Even though Edmunds asks for your Zip Code I don't think the TMV values are regionalized. The Hybrids are commanding high prices in several large geographic areas and I think that is skewing the TMV for folks in areas where it is in less demand. Just my guess. Here in Chicagoland it is quite easy (relative term) to get them and at less than MSRP to boot.
J

Old 08-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

I paid MSRP, $26,664 with carpet mats as the only option (which I wanted anyway) and waited only a week for my color. San Diego dealers are getting all the same price MSRP I found.

Quick Reply: Is the edmunds TMV for TCH real?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands